|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 240s 250s 260s - 270s - 280s 290s 300s
|Years:||269 270 271 - 272 - 273 274 275|
|Gregorian calendar||272 |
|Ab urbe condita||1025|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1572 – -1571|
|Coptic calendar||-12 – -11|
|Ethiopian calendar||264 – 265|
|Hebrew calendar||4032 – 4033|
|- Vikram Samvat||327 – 328|
|- Shaka Samvat||194 – 195|
|- Kali Yuga||3373 – 3374|
|Iranian calendar||350 BP – 349 BP|
|Islamic calendar||361 BH – 360 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 932|
|Thai solar calendar||815|
- Emperor Aurelian reconquers the kingdom of Palmyra, composed of Syria, Egypt and large parts of Asia Minor, forcing Queen Zenobia to flee to Parthia.
- During the Siege of Tyana, Aurelian has a dream of Apollonius of Tyana and spares the city.
- Palmyra is destroyed after a revolt, and Egypt is forced to submit to Roman rule.
- Rome forms an alliance with the king of Aksum (Axum).
- Dometius succeeds Patriarch Titus|Titus as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Saint Denis, the first bishop of Paris, and two of his disciples are beheaded near a hill outside of the city. The hill will later be called Montmartre, the Mountain of the Martyrs, in their honor.
- Paul of Samosata is deposed as Patriarch of Antioch.
- February 27 — Constantine the Great, the first Christian emperor of the Roman Empire (306)
- Wei Shuo, calligrapher of the Eastern Jin Dynasty
- Saint Denis
- Shapur I
- Liu Qubei, Right Prince of the Southern Xiongnu
- Sima Fu, younger brother of Sima Yi
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 272. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 272 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 272
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 272
1 people died in 272
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Bartherus der Franken (aft171-272)||Hilderic der Franken (aft154-253)||101|
4 people lived in 272
Events of the year 272 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 272.
There were 0 military battles in 272.