| This article or section contains information about scheduled or expected future events.
It may contain tentative information; the content may change as the event approaches and more information becomes available.
The decade as a whole
This decade is expected to be called "the twenty-fifties", "the two thousand fifties, or "the fifties". The Roman decennia number is L.
Notable predictions and known events
- November 7, 2054 — The lease agreement International Speedway Corporation has with Daytona Beach Racing and Recreational Facilities District expires. 
- 2058 — The Beatles catalogue will enter the public domain.
- World population is predicted to reach 9 billion people.
- The Dexter's Laboratory movie, Ego Trip, has some scenes that take place in 2055.
- According to the popular sci-fi television show "Stargate: Atlantis", The Wraith culling would have started in 2055, if humans had not arrived in Atlantis and begun exploring.
- The movie Minority Report takes place in 2054.
- The movie Renaissance takes place in Paris in 2054.
- The movie Red Planet takes place in 2057.
- The movie Lost In Space takes place in 2058.
- John Christopher's novel The Guardians takes place during the years 2052 and 2053.
- J.D. Robb's In Death mystery series takes place during the years 2058–59.
- The computer game Deus Ex takes place in 2052.
- The short story A Sound of Thunder takes place in 2055.
- The level ``Cyborg Insurrection´´ of the videogame Empire Earth II takes place on 25 July 2058.
- According to the movie Star Trek: First Contact, World War III will end in 2053.
- The Disney movie Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century takes place in the late 2040s. The second movie Zenon: The Zequel takes place in 2051, two years after the first movie, and the 3rd movie in the series, Zenon: Z3 takes place in 2054.
- In the video game Timesplitters Future Perfect, two levels are set in the year 2052
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 2050s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|