| This article or section contains information about scheduled or expected future events.
It may contain tentative information; the content may change as the event approaches and more information becomes available.
The decade as a whole[edit | edit source]
- This decade is expected to be called the "twenty-twenties" or the "two thousand twenties", and eventually just "the twenties" (when the 1920s become obsolete). The Roman decennia number is XX.
- By the end of the decade, world population is projected to surpass 8 billion people.
Notable predictions and known events[edit | edit source]
- Solar scientists predict that, by 2020, the sun will be starting into its weakest Schwabe solar cycle of the past two centuries.
- Greenland ice sheet is melting at least a tripled rate from today if the current trend continues .
- NASA expects to land another group of astronauts on the moon.
- Voyager 2 is expected to stop transmitting back to Earth in the 2020s
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil puts 2029 as the year most likely for The Singularity. He also predicts that Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will reach human intelligence levels around this time. Also, in the 2020's, computers will surpass the capabilities of the human brain.
Fictional references[edit | edit source]
2026[edit | edit source]
- Thunderbirds takes place in 2026.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 2020s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.