|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 170s 180s 190s - 200s - 210s 220s 230s
|Years:||197 198 199 - 200 - 201 202 203|
|Gregorian calendar||200 |
|Ab urbe condita||953|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1644 – -1643|
|Coptic calendar||-84 – -83|
|Ethiopian calendar||192 – 193|
|Hebrew calendar||3960 – 3961|
|- Vikram Samvat||255 – 256|
|- Shaka Samvat||122 – 123|
|- Kali Yuga||3301 – 3302|
|Iranian calendar||422 BP – 421 BP|
|Islamic calendar||435 BH – 434 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 860|
|Thai solar calendar||743|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
World[edit | edit source]
- Human population reaches about 257 million.
Roman Empire[edit | edit source]
- Septimus Severus visits Syria, Palestine and Arabia.
- Palestine, benefiting from the benevolent policies of Severus, sees a significant economic revival.
- The province of Numidia is taken from the African proconsul and made an Imperial province.
Asia[edit | edit source]
- Chinese warlord Cao Cao defeats Yuan Shao in the battle of Guandu.
- In Japan, Himiko, whose capital is situated in Yamatai, extends her authority over a number of clans.
The Americas[edit | edit source]
- The Classic Age of Maya civilization begins.
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
- Jewish Eretz Yisraeli scholar Judah ha-Nasi compiles tracts of the Mishnah, beginning the creation of Talmudic law.
- Clement of Alexandria denounces the use of musical instruments to support human voices in Christian music.
- Brahmanism evolves into Hinduism (approximate date).
Births[edit | edit source]
- Fei Yi, an official of Shu (approximate date)
- Ma Jun
- Wang Ling, general of Wei
- Sun Shao, general of Wu
- Zhou Fang, general of Wu
- Diophantus, Greek mathematician
- Marcus Claudius Tacitus, Roman Emperor
- Valerian I, Roman Emperor
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Bian Xi (slain by Guan Yu)
- Chunyu Qiong (executed by Yuan Shao)
- Dong Cheng (executed by Cao Cao)
- Gan Ji, Taoist priest
- Han Juzi, general under Yuan Shao
- Ji Ping (executed by Cao Cao)
- Ju Shou (officer of Yuan Shao)
- Lü Weihuang
- Mi Heng, renowned scholar and friend of Kong Rong (executed by Huang Zu)
- Sui Gu (killed at the battle of Guan Du)
- Sui Yuanjin
- Sun Ce, elder brother of the founder of Wu Kingdom, Sun Quan
- Tian Feng (executed by Yuan Shao)
- Wen Chou, general under Yuan Shao
- Xu Gong
- Yan Liang, general under Yuan Shao
- Zheng Xuan
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 200. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 200 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 200
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 200
0 people died in 200
4 people lived in 200
Events of the year 200 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 200.
There were 0 military battles in 200.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.