|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:|| 1770s 1780s 1790s - 1800s - 1810s 1820s 1830s
|Years:||1802 1803 1804 - 1805 - 1806 1807 1808|
|1805 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology - Architecture -|
|Art - Literature (Poetry) - Music - Science|
|Sports - Rail Transport|
|Countries: Australia - Canada - France - Germany - Ireland - Mexico - New Zealand - Norway - South Africa - UK - USA|
|Leaders: State leaders - Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Births - Marriages - Deaths
Events of 1805
January - March
- January 11 - Michigan Territory is created.
- February 15 - Harmony Society officially formed.
- March 1 - Justice Samuel Chase is acquitted of impeachment charges by the U.S. Senate.
- March 4 - Thomas Jefferson sworn in as President of the United States, for second term.
April - June
- April 27 - United States Marines and Berbers attack the Tripolitan city of Derna (The "Shores of Tripoli").
- April 29 - Rutger Jan Schimmelpenninck is appointed as Grand Pensionary of the Batavian Republic by Napoleon.
- June 1 - Luigi Boccherini was buried in Italy after being found dead on May 28.
- June - War ends between Tripoli and the United States of America.
- June 4 - The first Trooping the Colour ceremony at the Horse Guards Parade in London.
- June 13 - Lewis and Clark Expedition: Scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River, confirming they are heading in the right direction.
October - December
- October 17 - Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Ulm - Austrian General Mack von Leiberich is forced to surrender his entire army to Napoleon after being surrounded.
- October 21 - Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Trafalgar - British naval fleet led by Admiral Horatio Nelson defeats a combined French and Spanish fleet off the coast of Spain; however, Admiral Nelson is fatally shot.
- November 7 - Lewis and Clark Expedition arrived at the Pacific Ocean.
- November 11 - Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Dürenstein - 8000 French troops attempt to slow the retreat of a vastly superior Russian and Austrian force.
- November 16 - Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Schöngrabern - Russian force under Pyotr BagrationBagration delay the pursuit by French troops under Murat.
- November 26 - The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is opened.
- December 2 - Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Austerlitz - French troops under Napoleon decisively defeat a joint Russo-Austrian force.
- December 26 - Peace of Pressburg between France and Austria.
- James Squire became the first person in Australia to cultivate Hops.
- Horse Patrol, mounted law enforcement force, is founded in London, England.
- King Anouvong becomes ruler of Vientiane.
- Napoleon annuls the ten-day week of the French Revolutionary Calendar. He also orders his soldiers to be vaccinated.
- Sweden declares war on France.
|Gregorian calendar||1805 |
|Ab urbe condita||2558|
|Armenian calendar||1254 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-39 – -38|
|Coptic calendar||1521 – 1522|
|Ethiopian calendar||1797 – 1798|
|Hebrew calendar||5565 – 5566|
|- Vikram Samvat||1860 – 1861|
|- Shaka Samvat||1727 – 1728|
|- Kali Yuga||4906 – 4907|
|Iranian calendar||1183 – 1184|
|Islamic calendar||1219 – 1220|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2465|
|Thai solar calendar||2348|
January - June
- January 8 - Orson Hyde, American religious leader (d. 1878)
- January 27 - Samuel Palmer, English artist (d. 1881)
- March 3 - Jonas Furrer, first President of the Swiss Confederation (d. 1861)
- April 2 - Hans Christian Andersen, Danish writer (d. 1875)
- June 22 - Giuseppe Mazzini Italian patriot, statesman, and writer (d. 1872)
July - December
- July 29 - Alexis de Tocqueville, French historian (d. 1859)
- August 4 - William Rowan Hamilton, Irish mathematician (d. 1865)
- August 29 - Frederick Maurice, English theologian (d. 1872)
- November 14 - Fanny Mendelssohn, German composer and pianist (d. 1847)
- November 28 - John Lloyd Stephens, American traveler, diplomat and Mayanist archaeologist (d. 1852)
- December 22 - John Obadiah Westwood, British entomologist (d. 1893)
- December 23 - Joseph Smith, American religious leader, founder of Mormonism (d. 1844)
- See also 1805 births.
January - June
- January 9 - Noble Jones, American Continental Congressman (b. 1723)
- January 18 - John Moore, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. 1730)
- January 23 - Claude Chappe, French telecommunication pioneer (b. 1763)
- February 25 - Thomas Pownall, British colonial statesman (b. 1722)
- March 4 - Jean-Baptiste Greuze, French painter (b. 1725)
- May 7 - William Petty, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (b. 1737)
- May 9 - Friedrich Schiller, German playwright (b. 1759)
- May 25 - William Paley, English philosopher (b. 1743)
- May 28 - Luigi Boccherini, Italian composer (b. 1743)
- June 19 - Louis-Jean-François Lagrenée, French painter (b. 1724)
July - December
- August 3 - Christopher Anstey, English writer (b. 1724)
- August 28 - Alexander Carlyle, Scottish church leader (b. 1722)
- October 5 - Charles Cornwallis, British general (b. 1738)
- October 21 - Horatio Nelson, British admiral (mortally wounded in battle) (b. 1758)
- December 23 - Pehr Osbeck, Swedish explorer and naturalist (b. 1723)
People of the year 1805 at Familypedia
248 people were born in 1805
172 children were born to the 111 women born in 1805
83 people died in 1805
8784 people lived in 1805
Events of the year 1805 at Familypedia
108 people were married in 1805.
|Godefridus Aarts (1778-1826)||Elisabeth Damen (1787-1848)|
|Rhoda Abbott (1776-1816)||Ephraim Peabody (1776-1816)|
|Rhoda Abbott (1784-1853)||Ephraim Peabody (1776-1816)|
|Thomas Boylston Adams (1772-1832)||Ann Harrod (1774-1846)|
|Lewis Allen (1783-1844)||Mary Denison Smith (1789-1854)|
|John Arbuthnott, 8th Viscount of Arbuthnott (1778-1860)||Margaret Ogilvy ()|
|Zina Baker (1786-1839)||William Huntington (1784-1846)|
|Nancy Ann Bates (1785-1822)||Warren Richard Weston (1780-1855)|
|Andrew Beck (1777-1850)||Catherine Unknown (1776-1849)|
|John Perry Benson (1781-1842)||Chloe Taft (1785-1826) + Lucretia Newell (1795-1863)|
|Samuel Bent (1778-1846)||Mary Kilburn (1785-1835) + Lettice Palmer|
|Lucy Bigelow (1774-1856)||Luther Lawrence (1778-1839)|
|Sybil Bliss (1786-1879)||Grant Lathrop (1782-1823) + Henry Jacobs (1788-1844)|
|Francis Blunt (1779-1857)||Jane Ellis (1789-1845)|
|Jonathan Blythe (1772-1867)||Annie Barnes (1774-1838)+ Quatie Betty Elizabeth Littledog (c1780-c1836)|
|... further results|
There were 1 military battles in 1805.
|Battle of Trafalgar (1805)||21 October 1805|
- See also 1805 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1805. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|