|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:|| 1770s 1780s 1790s - 1800s - 1810s 1820s 1830s
|Years:||1799 1800 1801 - 1802 - 1803 1804 1805|
|1802 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology - Architecture -|
|Art - Literature (Poetry) - Music - Science|
|Sports - Rail Transport|
|Countries: Australia - Canada - France - Germany - Ireland - Mexico - New Zealand - Norway - South Africa - UK - USA|
|Leaders: State leaders - Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Births - Marriages - Deaths
- 1 Events of 1802
- 2 Births
- 3 Deaths
- 4 People of the year 1802 at Familypedia
- 5 Events of the year 1802 at Familypedia
Events of 1802
January - March
- March 16 - West Point is established.
- March 25/27 - Treaty of Amiens between France and United Kingdom ends the War of the Second Coalition.
- March 28 - H. W. Olbers discovers the asteroid Pallas.
April - June
- April 26 - A general amnesty signed by Napoleon Bonaparte allowed all but about one thousand of the most notorious émigrés of the French Revolution to return to France, as part of a reconciliary gesture to make peace with the various factions of the Ancien Regime that would ultimately consolidate his own rule.
- May 19 - Napoleon Bonaparte establishes the French légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour).
- May 20 - Napoleon Bonaparte reinstates slavery in the French colonies, which had been abolished during the French Revolution.
- June 8 - Haitian revolutionary Toussaint Louverture is seized by French troops and sent to Fort de Joux for prison.
July - September
- July - Eleuthère Irénée du Pont founds E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, the modern DuPont Company.
- July 4 - At West Point, New York the United States Military Academy opens.
- August 2 - In a plebiscite, Napoleon Bonaparte is confirmed as the First Consul.
- 5 July to 28 August - A general election in the United Kingdom brings victory for the Tories led by Henry Addington.
- September 3 - William Wordsworth publishes the poem "Westminster Bridge".
- September 11 - The Italian region of Piedmont becomes a part of the French First Republic.
October - December
- October 2 - War ends between Sweden and Tripoli. The United States also negotiates peace, but war continues over the size of compensation.
- October - French army enters Switzerland.
- Marie Tussaud opens her famous wax museum in London, having been commissioned during the Reign of Terror to make death masks of the victims.
- Treviranus uses the term biology for the first time.
- Thomas Wedgwood produces the world's first photograph, but has no means of fixing the image, which quickly fades.
- William Symington builds the first successful steamship, the Charlotte Dundas.
- Ludwig van Beethoven performs his Moonlight Sonata for the first time.
|Gregorian calendar||1802 |
|Ab urbe condita||2555|
|Armenian calendar||1251 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-42 – -41|
|Coptic calendar||1518 – 1519|
|Ethiopian calendar||1794 – 1795|
|Hebrew calendar||5562 – 5563|
|- Vikram Samvat||1857 – 1858|
|- Shaka Samvat||1724 – 1725|
|- Kali Yuga||4903 – 4904|
|Iranian calendar||1180 – 1181|
|Islamic calendar||1216 – 1217|
— changed to —Kyōwa 1
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2462|
|Thai solar calendar||2345|
January - June
- January 3 - Charles Pelham Villiers, British politician (d. 1898)
- February 11 - Lydia Child, American abolitionist author (d. 1880)
- February 19 - Wilhelm Matthias Naeff, Swiss Federal Councillor (d. 1881)
- February 26 - Victor Hugo, French author (d. 1885)
- March 7 - Edwin Henry Landseer, British painter (d. 1873)
- April 4 - Dorothea Dix, American activist (d. 1887)
- June 23 - Pavel Nakhimov, Russian admiral (d. 1855)
July - December
- July 24 - Alexandre Dumas, French author (d. 1870)
- July 26 - Mariano Arista, President of Mexico (d. 1855)
- August 5 - Niels Henrik Abel, Norwegian mathematician (d. 1829)
- September 19 - Lajos Kossuth, Hungarian politician (d. 1894)
- October 31 - Benoît Fourneyron, French engineer (d. 1867)
- November 9 - Elijah P. Lovejoy, American abolitionist (d. 1837)
- November 19 - Solomon Foot, American politician (d. 1866)
- December 15 - Janos Bolyai, Hungarian mathematician (d. 1860)
- December 23 - Sara Coleridge, British scholar (d. 1852)
- See also 1802 births.
January - June
- February 2 - Welbore Ellis, British statesman (b. 1713)
- February 3 - Pedro Rodríguez, Spanish statesman and writer (b. 1723)
- February 26 - Esek Hopkins, American Revolutionary War admiral (b. 1718)
- April 18 - Erasmus Darwin, English physician and botanist (b. 1731)
- June 4 - Charles Emmanuel IV of Savoy, King of Sardinia (b. 1751)
July - December
- August 10 - Franz Aepinus, German philosopher (b. 1724)
- September 26 - Jurij Vega, Slovenian mathematician, physicist, and soldier (b. 1754)
- November 9 - Thomas Girtin, English artist (b. 1775)
- November 15 - George Romney, English artist (b. 1734)
- November 16 - André Michaux, French botanist (b. 1746)
- July 22 - Marie François Xavier Bichat, French anatomist and physiologist (b. 1771)
People of the year 1802 at Familypedia
221 people were born in 1802
187 children were born to the 84 women born in 1802
96 people died in 1802
8422 people lived in 1802
Events of the year 1802 at Familypedia
128 people were married in 1802.
|Susanna Adams (1781-1837)||Wilhelm Schmitz (1769-1837)|
|Mary Allred (1783-1820)||David Sanders (1775-1815)|
|Sybil Amidon (1783-1863)||Benjamin Chapman (1783-1843)|
|Per Andersson Gallman (c1775-)||Boret Andersdotter (1777-)|
|James Williams Angell (1776-1851)||Phebe Ann Morton (1786-1854)|
|George Arnold (1777-1851)||Hannah Randall (1780-1871)|
|Hannah Ashby (1782-1811)||Oliver Wheeler (1782-1854)|
|Bridgitt Baglin (1761)||+Nehemiah Baglin (1765-1801)+George Clark (bef1802)|
|Henry Baring (1776-1848)||Maria Matilda Bingham (1783-1849)+Cecilia Anne Windham (1803-1874)|
|Rachel Marsh Barney (1783-1864)||Royal Barney (1783-1856)|
|Royal Barney (1783-1856)||Rachel Marsh Barney (1783-1864)|
|Elizabeth Bates (1782-1859)||James Morris (1779-)|
|Lucy Hart Beck (1782-1862)||William Blair Shepard (1779-1867)|
|Asa Bigelow (1779-1850)||Lucy Isham (1780-1853)|
|Maria Matilda Bingham (1783-1849)||Jacques-Pierre-Alexandre, comte de Tilly (1761-1816)+Henry Baring (1776-1848)+Auguste, marquis du Blaisel (1790-1870)|
|... further results|
There were 0 military battles in 1802.
- See also 1802 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1802. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|