|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:|| 1770s 1780s 1790s - 1800s - 1810s 1820s 1830s
|Years:||1798 1799 1800 - 1801 - 1802 1803 1804|
|1801 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology - Architecture -|
|Art - Literature (Poetry) - Music - Science|
|Sports - Rail Transport|
|Countries: Australia - Canada - France - Germany - Ireland - Mexico - New Zealand - Norway - South Africa - UK - USA|
|Leaders: State leaders - Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Births - Marriages - Deaths
- 1 Events of 1801
- 2 Births
- 3 Deaths
- 4 People of the year 1801 at Familypedia
- 5 Events of the year 1801 at Familypedia
- 6 Notes
Events of 1801
January - March
- January 1 - The first day of the nineteenth century.
- January 1 - Legislative union of Great Britain and Ireland completed under the Act of Union 1800, bringing about the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- January 1 - Giuseppe Piazzi discovers the dwarf planet Ceres.
- January 20 - John Marshall is appointed Chief Justice of the United States.
- February 3 - William Pitt the Younger resigns as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- February 9 - The Treaty of Lunéville ends the war (Second Coalition) between France and Austria.
- February 17 - An electoral tie between Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr is resolved when Jefferson is elected President of the United States and Burr Vice President by the United States House of Representatives.
- February 27 - Washington is placed under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Congress.
- March 4 - Thomas Jefferson succeeds John Adams as the President of the United States of America.
- March 21 - Second Battle of Abukir: a British army under Ralph Abercromby defeats the French troops.
- March 23 - The Russian Tsar Paul I is murdered. He is succeeded by his son Alexander I of Russia.
April - June
- April 2 - First Battle of Copenhagen - The British fleet under Admiral Sir Hyde Parker, along with Admiral Horatio Nelson, attack Copenhagen. Armed Neutrality of the North dissolved.
- May 10 - The pascha of Tripoli declares war on United States by having the flagpole on the consulate chopped down.
- June 7 - Portugal and Spain sign the Treaty of Badajoz. Portugal loses the city of Olivenza
- June 27 - Cairo falls to British troops.
July - September
- July 6 - Battle of Algeciras: The French fleet beats the British fleet.
- July 18 - Napoleon signs the Concordat of 1801 with the Pope.
October - December
- October 17 - Coup d'état in the Netherlands (Batavian Republic).
- November 16 - First edition of New York Evening Post.
- The Indian March of Paul (January-March)
- Aachen is officially annexed by France.
- The first census is held in Great Britain. London is revealed to have 860,035 residents.
- First census in France.
- Joseph-Marie Jacquard developed a loom where the pattern being woven was controlled by punch cards.
- Ultraviolet radiation is discovered by Johann Wilhelm Ritter.
- French Revolutionary Wars (1792-1802)-Second Coalition/Egyptian Campaign
- Napoleonic Wars (1799-1815).
|Gregorian calendar||1801 |
|Ab urbe condita||2554|
|Armenian calendar||1250 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-43 – -42|
|Coptic calendar||1517 – 1518|
|Ethiopian calendar||1793 – 1794|
|Hebrew calendar||5561 – 5562|
|- Vikram Samvat||1856 – 1857|
|- Shaka Samvat||1723 – 1724|
|- Kali Yuga||4902 – 4903|
|Iranian calendar||1179 – 1180|
|Islamic calendar||1215 – 1216|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2461|
|Thai solar calendar||2344|
January - June
- January 3 - Gijsbert Haan, Dutch-American religious leader (d. 1874)
- February 1 - Thomas Cole, American artist (d. 1848)
- towards February 13 - János Kardos Hungarian Slovenes evangelic priest, teacher and writer (d. 1875)
- February 21 - John Henry Newman, English Roman Catholic Cardinal (d. 1890)
- May 11 - Henri Labrouste, French architect (d. 1875)
- June 1 - Brigham Young, American religious leader and colonizer (d. 1877)
- June 4 - James Pennethorne, English architect (d. 1871)
- June 14 - Heber C. Kimball, American religious leader (d. 1868)
- June 30 - Frederic Bastiat, French philosopher (d. 1850)
July - December
- July 5 - David Farragut, American naval commander (d.1870)
- July 29 - George Bradshaw, English publisher (d. 1853)
- October 12 - Friedrich Frey-Herosé, member of the Swiss Federal Council (d. 1873)
- November 3 - Karl Baedeker, German author and publisher (d. 1859)
- November 3 - Vincenzo Bellini, Italian composer (d. 1835)
- November 10 - Vladimir Dal, Russian lexicographer (d. 1872)
- December 11 - Christian Dietrich Grabbe, German writer (d. 1836)
- date unknown
- See also 1801 births.
January - June
- February 7 - Daniel Chodowiecki, Polish painter (b. 1726)
- March 21 - Andrea Luchesi, Italian composer (b. 1741)
- March 23 - Tsar Paul of Russia (b. 1754)
- March 25 - Novalis, German poet (b. 1772)
- March 28 - Ralph Abercromby, British general (b. 1734)
- April 2 - Thomas Dadford Junior, British engineer
- April 7 - Noël François de Wailly, French lexicographer (b. 1724)
- May 17 - William Heberden, English physician (b. 1710)
- June 4 - Frederick Muhlenberg, first Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (b. 1750)
July - December
- September 19 - Johann Gottfried Koehler, German astronomer (b. 1745)
- October 3 - Philippe Henri, Marshal of France (b. 1724)
- November 4 - William Shippen, American physician and Continental Congressman (b. 1712)
- 5 November - Motoori Norinaga, Japanese philologist and scholar (b. 1730)
- November 24 - Franz Moritz Graf von Lacy, Austrian field marshal (b. 1725)
- June 14 - Benedict Arnold,American Revolution traitor (b. 1741)
People of the year 1801 at Familypedia
198 people were born in 1801
96 children were born to the 74 women born in 1801
91 people died in 1801
8300 people lived in 1801
Events of the year 1801 at Familypedia
97 people were married in 1801.
|Elisha Bennett Adams (1778-1845)||Asenath Lucy Camp (1783-1864)|
|Jonathan Amory (1770-1828)||Ann Wyer (1771-1795)+Mehetable Sullivan (1772-1847)|
|Gerrit Appelman (1774-1853)||Maartje Besseling (1775-1840)|
|Aaron Austin (c1777-1860)||Hannah Doty (1783-1865)|
|Nancy Barker (1780-1848)||Reuben Davis Grigsby (1774-1855)|
|Katherine Barlow (1774-1817)||Josiah Lincoln (1773-1835)|
|Nicholas Bayly (1769-1823)||Sarah Laycock (1783-1820)|
|Penelope Blane (c1770-1846)||John Michael Weippert (c1775-1831)|
|Agnes Boers (c1765-1817)||Hermanus Andreas Climes (c1765-1812)|
|Mary Bowman (c1777-1848)||Robert Stewart (1788-1834)|
|Mijnouwtje Jacobs Brandsen (1779-1836)||Frans Teunisz. Grooteman (1778-1813) + Pieter Baas (1773-1825)|
|Sylvanus Brown (1776-1866)||Sarah Spaulding (1782-1812) + Harriett Fuller (1814-1890)|
|Annie Browning (1780-aft1830)||Robert Overall (c1770-c1835)|
|Ensign Bushnell (1775-1862)||Theodosia Bishop (1781-1838)+Siba Parmelee (1795-1870)|
|Elizabeth Cabot (1776-1817)||James Jackson (1777-1867)|
|... further results|
There were 0 military battles in 1801.
- See also 1801 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1801. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|