|Centuries:||17th century - 18th century - 19th century|
|Decades:|| 1700s 1710s 1720s - 1730s - 1740s 1750s 1760s
|Years:||1733 1734 1735 - 1736 - 1737 1738 1739|
|1736 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature (Poetry) – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1736
January - June
- January 26 - Stanislaus I of Poland abdicates his throne.
- February 12 - Francis I weds Maria Theresa of Austria, ruler of the Habsburg Empire.
- April 14 - Porteous Riots erupt in Edinburgh after execution of a smuggler Andrew Wilson when town guard captain John Porteous orders his men to fire at the crowd. Porteous is arrested later.
- May 8 - Marriage of Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales and Augusta of Saxe-Gotha.
- June 8 - Leonhard Euler writes to James Stirling describing the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula. He also solves the mathematical problem known as the seven bridges of Königsberg.
July - December
- July - Russo-Turkish War: Russian forces under Peter Lacy storm the Ottoman fortress of Azov.
- September 7 - Edinburgh crowd drags John Porteous out of his cell in Tolbooth prison and lynches him.
- December 7 - Ben Franklin builds the first volunteer fire company in Philadelphia.
- A French expedition led by Pierre Louis Maupertuis is sent by King Louis XV to Lapland to measure the length of a degree of the meridian, and proves that the Earth is flattened at the poles.
- Real Arissona, namesake of the U.S. state Arizona is founded in what is now that state.
- Isaac Newton's book Method of Fluxions published.
- Thomas Bayes publishes a defense of Isaac Newton's calculus.
- Neustrelitz becomes the capital of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- Genbun era begins in Japan.
- George Hamilton becomes the first Field Marshal of Great Britain.
- Bushehr is founded in Persia.
- First recorded use of a Bathing machine.
- The Belgrade fortress is completed.
- The era of Kyoho Reforms ends in Japan.
- A fire in the Russian city of St. Petersburg burns 2000 houses.
- 53 houses in the English town of Stony Stratford are consumed by fire.
- Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab writes the Kitab at-tawhidt, marking the beginning of Wahhabism.
|Gregorian calendar||1736 |
|Ab urbe condita||2489|
|Armenian calendar||1185 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-108 – -107|
|Coptic calendar||1452 – 1453|
|Ethiopian calendar||1728 – 1729|
|Hebrew calendar||5496 – 5497|
|- Vikram Samvat||1791 – 1792|
|- Shaka Samvat||1658 – 1659|
|- Kali Yuga||4837 – 4838|
|Iranian calendar||1114 – 1115|
|Islamic calendar||1148 – 1149|
— changed to —Genbun 1
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2396|
|Thai solar calendar||2279|
- January 7 - Andrew Adams, American judge (died 1797)
- January 19 - James Watt, Scottish inventor (died 1819)
- January 25 - Joseph Louis Lagrange, Italian-born mathematician (died 1813)
- February 3 - Johann Georg Albrechtsberger, Austrian musician (died 1809)
- February 29 - Ann Lee, American religious leader (died 1784)
- May 10 - George Steevens, English literary critic (died 1800)
- May 29 - Patrick Henry, American patriot (died 1799)
- June 3 - Sir John Acton, Prime Minister of Naples (died 1811)
- June 7 - Fermín Lasuén, Spanish missionary (died 1803)
- June 14 - Charles-Augustin de Coulomb, French physicist (died 1806)
- June 21 - Enoch Poor, American general (died 1780)
- June 25 - John Horne Tooke, English politician and philologist (died 1812)
- July - Juan Bautista de Anza, Governor of the Spanish Province of New Mexico (died 1788)
- July 6 - Daniel Morgan, American pioneer, Congressman from Virginia, and general (died 1802)
- August 26 - Jean-Baptiste L. Romé de l'Isle, French geologist (died 1790)
- September 10 - Carter Braxton, signer of the American Declaration of Independence (died 1797)
- September 15 - Jean Sylvain Bailly, French astronomer (died 1793)
- October 27 - James Macpherson, Scottish poet (died 1796)
- date unknown
- See also 1736 births.
- January 31 - Filippo Juvara, Italian architect (born 1678)
- February 7 - Stephen Gray, English dyer, astronomer, and scientist (born 1666)
- March 16 - Giovanni Battista Pergolesi, Italian composer (born 1710)
- March 25 - Nicholas Hawksmoor, British architect (born c.1661)
- April 24 - Prince Eugene of Savoy, French-born Austrian general (born 1663)
- April 30 - Johann Albert Fabricius, German scholar and bibliographer (born 1668)
- September 16 - Gabriel Fahrenheit, German physicist and inventor (born 1686)
- December 10 - António Manoel de Vilhena, Portuguese ruler of Malta (born 1663)
- December 28 - Antonio Caldara, Italian composer (born 1670)
- Ahmed III, Ottoman Sultan (born 1673)
- Captain John Porteous, Scottish captain (born c.1695)
People of the year 1736 at Familypedia
95 people were born in 1736
45 children were born to the 36 women born in 1736
76 people died in 1736
5524 people lived in 1736
|Anna Hendriks (1663-bef1753)||Heinrich Jansz (?-?)||Engel Pieters (?-?)|
|Geertje Jans (1713-1752)||Jan Jacobsz||Aacht Cornelis|
|Grietje Jans (-1775)||Jan (bef1735-)|
|Lijsbeth Remberts (1707-1748)||Rembert Jansz (1678-)||Agnes Schuijf (1676-)|
|Neeltje Claassen (c1780-1743)||Claas|
|Niesje Jans (1699-1764)||Jan Bartsz (1666-1728)||Lijsebeth Jans (-)|
|Reijnouwtje Davids (c1723-aft1753)||David|
|Abigail Abbot (1734-1807)||Benjamin Abbot (1686-1748)||Abigail Abbot (1699-1753)|
|Benjamin Abbot (1686-1748)||Benjamin Abbot (1661-1703)||Sarah Farnham (1661-bef1726)|
|John Abbot (1735-1818)||John Abbot (1704-1793)||Phebe Fiske (1712-1802)|
|John Abbot (1674-1754)||John Abbot (1648-1721)||Sarah Barker (1647-1729)|
|John Abbot (1704-1793)||John Abbot (1674-1754)||Elizabeth Harnden (1756-1693)|
|Elizabeth Abbott (1721-1782)||John Abbott (-)||Elizabeth Birege (-)|
|David Abell (1722-1781)||John Abell (1678-1751)||Rebecca Sluman (1682-1738)|
|Experience Abell (1674-1765)||Caleb Abell (1646-1731)||Margaret Post (1653-1700)|
|... further results|
Events of the year 1736 at Familypedia
89 people were married in 1736.
|Anna Allen (1707-1750)||Daniel Mason (1698-)|
|Gerrit Appelman (1705-1781)||Anne van Hoogkarspel (1708-1734) + Willempje aan de Noorderdijk (c1714-1753)|
|Samuel Appleton (1713-1780)||Mary Russell (1716-1803)|
|Mary Baker (1709-1774)||Joseph Allen (1708-1755)|
|John Barlow (1715-1788)||Elizabeth Keith (1717-1783)|
|Sidney Beauclerk (1703-1744)||Mary Norris (-1766)|
|Vere Beauclerk (1699-1781)||Mary Chambers (bef1721-1783)|
|Ruth Belden (1712-1782)||David Hurlbut (1716-1807)|
|Edward Bigland (1710-1760)||Elizabeth Pitfield (1713-1739)+Mary Deepup (1712-1803)|
|Jonathan Bingham (1712-1800)||Mary Abbe (1712-1735)+ Sarah Upton (1710-1803)|
|Cornelis Bommel (1710-1764)||Marijtje Jacobs (-)|
|Hannah Bradford (1720-1758)||Joshua Bradford (1710-1758)|
|Joshua Bradford (1710-1758)||Hannah Bradford (1720-1758)|
|Daniel Chaffee (1711-1790)||Mary Robinson (1711-1790)|
|Mary Chambers (bef1721-1783)||Vere Beauclerk (1699-1781)|
|... further results|
There were 0 military battles in 1736.
- See also 1736 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1736. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|