Events and trendsEdit
- The Bonneville Slide blocks the Columbia River near the site of present-day Cascade Locks with a land bridge 200 feet (60 m) high. The river eventually removes the blockage, but this event is remembered in the local legends of the Native Americans as the Bridge of the Gods.
- The first newspaper to be published in English.
- The Age of Enlightenment - The Western revolution in philosophy which gave birth to Modern political thought and philosophy.
- The Industrial Revolution, a time period starting in the 1700s.
- The Scientific Revolution, another important cultural advance.
World leaders Edit
- King Frederick IV of Denmark (1699 – 1730).
- King William III of England and Scotland (1689 – 1702).
- Kangxi Emperor 康熙帝 (Elhe taifin) 仁帝 of Qing Dynasty (1661 – 1722).
- Queen Anne of Great Britain (1702 – 1714).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643 – 1715).
- Leopold I (1658 – 1705).
- Joseph I (1705 – 1711).
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682 – 1725).
- King Philip V of Spain (1700 – 1746).
- King Charles XII of Sweden (1697 – 1718).
- Mughal Empire
- Shahu 1707-1740
- Balaji Vishwanath 1707-1719
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1700s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.