|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1640s 1650s 1660s - 1670s - 1680s 1690s 1700s
|Years:||1674 1675 1676 - 1677 - 1678 1679 1680|
|1677 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1677 Edit
January - June Edit
- January 1 - First performance of Racine's tragedy, Phèdre.
- April 11 - At the Battle of Cassel, Philippe I of Orléans defeats William of Orange.
- May 29 - Treaty of Middle Plantation establishes peace between the Virginia colonists and the local Indians.
- May 31 - Danish ships clash with Swedish ships under Niels Juel between Fehmarn and Warnemünde - Danish defeat the Swedish and capture number of ships.
July - December Edit
- July 14 - Battle of Landskrona, Sweden.
- November 4 - The future Mary II of England marries William of Orange.
- November 16 - French troops occupy Freiburg.
- Statute of frauds is passed into English law.
- Elias Ashmole gifts the collection that begins the Ashmolean Museum to Oxford University.
- Francis Aungier is made the first Earl of Longford.
- Michel le Tellier becomes chancellor of France.
- Second London Baptist Confession written, published in 1689.
- Charles II of England makes Henry Purcell court musician.
- Jules Hardouin-Mansart begins la place Vendôme in Paris (completed in 1698).
- Antoni van Leeuwenhoek observes spermatozoa under the microscope.
- The Swedes defeat the Danes, at Rostock and at Landström.
- Population of Paris first exceeds 500,000.
- Ice cream becomes popular in Paris. 
|Gregorian calendar|| 1677 |
|Ab urbe condita||2430|
|Armenian calendar|| 1126 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-167 – -166|
|Coptic calendar||1393 – 1394|
|Ethiopian calendar||1669 – 1670|
|Hebrew calendar||5437 – 5438|
|- Vikram Samvat||1732 – 1733|
|- Shaka Samvat||1599 – 1600|
|- Kali Yuga||4778 – 4779|
|Iranian calendar||1055 – 1056|
|Islamic calendar||1087 – 1088|
|Japanese calendar|| Enpō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2337|
|Thai solar calendar||2220|
- February 3 - Jan Santini Aichel, Czech architect ( died 1723)
- February 4 - Johann Ludwig Bach, German composer (died 1731)
- February 8 - Jacques Cassini, French astronomer (died 1756)
- August 27 - Otto Ferdinand Graf von Abensperg und Traun, Austrian field marshal (died 1748)
- September 17 - Stephen Hales, English physiologist, chemist, and inventor (died 1761)
- October 20 - Stanisław Leszczyński (died 1766)
- date unknown
- William Dummer, acting Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony (died 1761)
- See also 1677 births.
- February 21 - Baruch Spinoza, Dutch philosopher (born 1632)
- March 28 - Václav Hollar, Czech-born actor (born 1607)
- May 4 - Isaac Barrow, English mathematician (born 1630)
- May 20 - George Digby, English statesman (born 1612)
- July 30 - Fabian von Fersen, Swedish soldier (born 1626)
- August - Matthew Locke, English composer (born 1621)
- September 11 - James Harrington, English political philosopher (born 1611)
- November 9 - Aernout van der Neer, Dutch painter (born 1603)
- date unknown - Gilbert Sheldon, Archbishop of Canterbury (born 1598)
- See also 1677 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1677. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1677 at Familypedia
67 people were born in 1677
57 children were born to the 34 women born in 1677
59 people died in 1677
3966 people lived in 1677
Events of the year 1677 at FamilypediaEdit
58 people were married in 1677.
There were 0 military battles in 1677.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.