|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1640s 1650s 1660s - 1670s - 1680s 1690s 1700s
|Years:||1672 1673 1674 - 1675 - 1676 1677 1678|
|1675 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1675 Edit
January - June Edit
- January 5 - The Battle of Turckeim
- June 28 - Battle of Fehrbellin
- June - King Philip's War breaks out between the settlers in New England and the indigenous tribes led by Metacomet.
July - December Edit
- August 10 - King Charles II of England places the foundation stone of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London - construction begins.
- November 11 - Guru Gobind Singh becomes the tenth Guru of the Sikhs.
- November 11 - Gottfried Leibniz uses infinitesimal calculus on a function.
- November 11 - Guru Teg Bahadur, the ninth prophet of Sikhs, is executed by Mughal rulers. He prefers execution to defend the right of Hindus to practice their own religion.
- Cassini discovers Saturn's Cassini Division.
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek begins to use a microscope for observing human tissues and liquids.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1675 |
|Ab urbe condita||2428|
|Armenian calendar|| 1124 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-169 – -168|
|Coptic calendar||1391 – 1392|
|Ethiopian calendar||1667 – 1668|
|Hebrew calendar||5435 – 5436|
|- Vikram Samvat||1730 – 1731|
|- Shaka Samvat||1597 – 1598|
|- Kali Yuga||4776 – 4777|
|Iranian calendar||1053 – 1054|
|Islamic calendar||1085 – 1086|
|Japanese calendar|| Enpō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2335|
|Thai solar calendar||2218|
- January 16 - Louis de Rouvroy, French writer (d. 1755)
- February 21 - Franz Xaver Josef von Unertl, Bavarian politician (d. 1750)
- February 28 - Guillaume Delisle, French cartographer (d. 1726)
- March 31 - Pope Benedict XIV (d. 1758)
- May 29 - Humphry Ditton, English mathematician (d. 1715)
- June 1 - Francesco Scipione, Italian archaeologist (d. 1755)
- July 5 - Mary Walcott, American accuser at the Salem witch trials
- July 12 - Evaristo Abaco, Italian composer (d. 1742)
- July 14 - Claude Alexandre de Bonneval, French soldier (d. 1747)
- September 2 - William Somervile, English poet (d. 1742)
- September 3 - Paul Dudley, Attorney-General of Massachusetts (d. 1751)
- October 11 - Samuel Clarke, English philosopher (d. 1729)
- October 21 - Emperor Higashiyama of Japan (d. 1710)
- October 24 - Richard Temple, English soldier and politician (d. 1749)
- See also 1675 births.
- February 9 - Gerhard Douw, Dutch painter (b. 1613)
- March 18 - Arthur Chichester, Irish soldier (b. 1606)
- May 18 - Stanisław Lubieniecki, Polish astronomer (b. 1623)
- May 18 - Father Jacques Marquette, French missionary and explorer (b. 1636)
- May 27 - Gaspard Dughet, French painter (b. 1613)
- June 12 - Charles Emmanuel II of Savoy (b. 1634)
- July 27 - Henri de la Tour d'Auvergne, Marshal of France (b. 1611)
- July 28 - Bulstrode Whitelocke, English lawyer (b. 1605)
- September 18 - Charles IV (b. 1604)
- September 23 - Valentin Conrart, founder of the Académie Française (b. 1603)
- October 26 - William Sprague, English co-founder of Charlestown, Massachusetts (b. 1609)
- October 27 - Gilles de Roberval, French mathematician (b. 1602)
- November 28 - Basil Feilding, English Civil War soldier
- November 28 - Leonard Hoar, American President of Harvard University (b. 1630)
- November 30 - Cæcilius Calvert, colonial Governor of Maryland (b. 1605)
- December 6 - John Lightfoot, English church goer (b. 1602)
- December 15 - Johannes Vermeer, Dutch painter (b. 1632)
- December 23 - Caesar, French marshal and diplomat (b. 1602)
- November 1 - Guru Teg Bahadur, 9th Sikh Guru (b. 1621)
- See also 1675 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1675. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1675 at Familypedia
123 people were born in 1675
77 children were born to the 65 women born in 1675
79 people died in 1675
4645 people lived in 1675
Events of the year 1675 at FamilypediaEdit
57 people were married in 1675.
There were 0 military battles in 1675.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.