|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1640s 1650s 1660s - 1670s - 1680s 1690s 1700s
|Years:||1668 1669 1670 - 1671 - 1672 1673 1674|
|1671 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1671[edit | edit source]
- April - Battle of Saraighat: The Ahom general Lachit Borphukan defeated the Mughal forces on the outskirts of present day Guwahati of then sovereign Assam.
- May 9 - Thomas Blood, disguised as a clergyman, attempts to steal the Crown Jewels from the Tower of London. He is immediately caught because he is too drunk to run with the loot. He would later be condemned to death and then mysteriously pardoned and exiled by King Charles II.
- June 22 - The Ottoman Empire declares war on Poland.
Births[edit | edit source]
|Gregorian calendar||1671 |
|Ab urbe condita||2424|
|Armenian calendar||1120 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-173 – -172|
|Coptic calendar||1387 – 1388|
|Ethiopian calendar||1663 – 1664|
|Hebrew calendar||5431 – 5432|
|- Vikram Samvat||1726 – 1727|
|- Shaka Samvat||1593 – 1594|
|- Kali Yuga||4772 – 4773|
|Iranian calendar||1049 – 1050|
|Islamic calendar||1081 – 1082|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2331|
|Thai solar calendar||2214|
- January 11 - François-Marie, French military leader (d. 1745)
- February 26 - Anthony Ashley-Cooper, English politician and philosopher (d. 1713)
- March 7 - Rob Roy MacGregor, Scottish folk hero (d. 1734)
- April 6 - Jean-Baptiste Rousseau, French poet (d. 1741)
- April 21 - John Law, Scottish economist (d. 1729)
- May 24 - Gian Gastone de' Medici (d. 1737)
- June 8 - Tomaso Albinoni, Italian composer (d. 1751)
- June 11 - Colley Cibber, English poet (d. 1757)
- July 14 - Jacques D'Allonville, French astronomer and mathematician (d. 1732)
- October 1 - Guido Grandi, Italian mathematician (d. 1742)
- October 11 - King Frederick IV of Denmark (d. 1730)
- See also 1671 births.
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- January 6 - Dubhaltach Mac Fhirbhisigh (born 1643)
- April 30 - Petar Zrinski, Croatian Ban and nobleman (born 1621).
- April 30 - Fran Krsto Frankopan, Croatian poet and nobleman (born 1643).
- March 31 - Anne Hyde, wife of the future James II of England (born 1637)
- May 5 - Edward Montagu, English politician (born 1602)
- June 25 - Giovanni Battista Riccioli, Italian astronomer (born 1598)
- July 14 - Méric Casaubon, English classical scholar (born 1599)
- October 26 - Sir John Gell, English politician (born 1593)
- November 12 - Thomas Fairfax, English Civil War general (born 1612)
- December 28 - Johann Friedrich Gronovius, German classical scholar (born 1611)
- See also 1671 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1671. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1671 at Familypedia
86 people were born in 1671
69 children were born to the 40 women born in 1671
43 people died in 1671
4663 people lived in 1671
Events of the year 1671 at Familypedia
74 people were married in 1671.
There were 0 military battles in 1671.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.