Events and trendsEdit
- Great Migration
- Thirty Years' War in full swing in Europe
- 1632 - Just a couple of months before his death in battle, Swedish king Gustav II Adolf The Great ratifies the establishment of University of Tartu, the second university in the Swedish Empire
- September 8, 1636 - A vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony establishes Harvard College as the first college founded in the Americas.
- 1639, Fort St George, the first settlement of British India, is founded at Madras. 
- King Christian IV of Denmark and Norway (1588 - 1648).
- King Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland (1625 - 1649).
- Hong Taiji, Emperor of the Qing.
- King Louis XIII of France (1610 - 1643).
- Cardinal Richelieu, chief minister of France (1624 - 1642).
- Ferdinand II (1620 - 1637).
- Ferdinand III (1637 - 1657).
- Frederick Henry, Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Overijssel and Gelderland (1625 - 1647).
- Pope Urban VIII (1623 - 1644).
- King Philip IV of Spain (1621 - 1665).
- King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden (1611 - 1632)
- Queen Christina of Sweden (1632 - 1654).
- ^ Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1630s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.