|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1580s 1590s 1600s - 1610s - 1620s 1630s 1640s
|Years:||1610 1611 1612 - 1613 - 1614 1615 1616|
|1613 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1613 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- January 20 - King James I of England successfully mediates the Peace of Knäred treaty between Denmark and Sweden.
- February 7 - An Assembly of the Russian Empire elects Mikhail Romanov to be Tsar of Russia, and establishes the Romanov Dynasty.
- February 14 - Elizabeth, daughter of King James I of England, marries Frederick V.
- March 27 - First English child born in Canada at Cuper's Cove, Newfoundland to Nicholas Guy.
- March 29 - Samuel de Champlain becomes the first unofficial Governor of New France.
- April - Near Jamestown, Samuel Argall captures Chief Powhatan’s daughter, Pocahontas, and she is brought to Jamestown.
- June - At Jamestown, John Rolfe makes the first shipment of West Indian tobacco grown in Virginia to England.
- June 29 - Fire destroys London's famed Globe Theatre.
July - DecemberEdit
- August 29 - Sicilians under de Aragon defeat Turkish trade fleet.
- November 3 - English royal favourite Robert Carr is created 1st Earl of Somerset.
- The New River was opened, to supply London with drinking water from Hertfordshire.
- James I of England condemns duels in his proclamation Against Private Challenges and Combats.
- Ottoman Empire invades Hungary.
- A locust swarm destroys La Camarque, France.
- The territory of Kuwait is founded.
- Sultan Agung takes the throne of the kingdom of Mataram on Java.
- Near Jamestown, Sir Thomas Dale starts a settlement called "Bermuda City" which later became part of Hopewell.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1613 |
|Ab urbe condita||2366|
|Armenian calendar|| 1062 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-231 – -230|
|Coptic calendar||1329 – 1330|
|Ethiopian calendar||1605 – 1606|
|Hebrew calendar||5373 – 5374|
|- Vikram Samvat||1668 – 1669|
|- Shaka Samvat||1535 – 1536|
|- Kali Yuga||4714 – 4715|
|Iranian calendar||991 – 992|
|Islamic calendar||1021 – 1022|
|Japanese calendar|| Keichō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2273|
|Thai solar calendar||2156|
- February 2 - Noël Chabanel, French Jesuit missionary (died 1649)
- March 12 - André Le Nôtre, French landscape gardener (died 1700)
- April 7 - Gerhard Douw, Dutch painter (died 1675)
- May 31 - John George II (died 1680)
- August 15 - Gilles Ménage, French scholar (died 1692)
- September 15 - François de la Rochefoucauld, French writer (died 1680)
- September 25 - Claude Perrault, French architect (died 1688)
- November 5 - Isaac de Benserade, French poet (died 1691)
- December 23 - Carl Gustaf Wrangel, Swedish soldier (died 1676)
- date unknown
- See also 1613 births.
- January 28 - Thomas Bodley, English diplomat and library founder (born 1545)
- April 27 - Robert Abercromby, Scottish Jesuit missionary (born 1532)
- August 7 - Thomas Fleming, English judge (born 1544)
- August 18 - Giovanni Artusi, Italian composer (born c. 1540)
- September 8 - Carlo Gesualdo, Italian composer (born 1566)
- September 15 - Thomas Overbury, English poet (murdered) (born 1581)
- November 16 - Trajano Boccalini, Italian satirist (born 1556)
- December 6 - Anton Praetorius, German pastor (born 1560)
- date unknown - Phung Khac Khoan, Vietnamese military strategist, politician, diplomat and poet (born 1528)
- See also 1613 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1613. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1613 at Familypedia
47 people were born in 1613
24 children were born to the 18 women born in 1613
16 people died in 1613
2134 people lived in 1613
Events of the year 1613 at FamilypediaEdit
31 people were married in 1613.
There were 0 military battles in 1613.