|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 130s 140s 150s - 160s - 170s 180s 190s
|Years:||158 159 160 - 161 - 162 163 164|
|Gregorian calendar||161 |
|Ab urbe condita||914|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1683 – -1682|
|Coptic calendar||-123 – -122|
|Ethiopian calendar||153 – 154|
|Hebrew calendar||3921 – 3922|
|- Vikram Samvat||216 – 217|
|- Shaka Samvat||83 – 84|
|- Kali Yuga||3262 – 3263|
|Iranian calendar||461 BP – 460 BP|
|Islamic calendar||475 BH – 474 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 821|
|Thai solar calendar||704|
- March 7 — Roman emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by Marcus Aurelius who shares imperial power with Lucius Verus, although Marcus retains the title Pontifex Maximus.
- Marcus Aurelius, a Spaniard like Trajan and Hadrian, is a stoical, disciple of Epictetus, and an energetic man of action. He pursues the policy of his predecessor and maintains good relations with the Senate. As a legislator, he endeavours to create new principles of morality and humanity, particularly favouring women and slaves.
- The weight of a goldpiece, the aureus, is reduced from 7.81 grams under Aurelius to 7.12 grams.
Arts and Sciences
- Gaius' Institutiones are published.
- August 31 — Commodus, future Roman emperor
- Liu Bei, founder of the Shu Kingdom of China
- Lu Dai, general of Wu
People of the year 161 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 161
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 161
0 people died in 161
4 people lived in 161
Events of the year 161 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 161.
There were 0 military battles in 161.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 161. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|