Events[edit | edit source]
1590[edit | edit source]
- March 14 - Battle of Ivry - Henry IV of France again defeats the forces of the Catholic League under the Duc de Mayenne.
- May - August - Unsuccessful siege of Paris by Henry IV of France. Henry is forced to raise the siege when the Duke of Parma comes to its relief with a Spanish army.
- May 17 - Anne of Denmark is crowned queen of Scotland.
- August 18 - John White, the governor of the Colony of Roanoke, returns from a supply-trip to England and finds his settlement deserted.
- September 15 - Pope Urban VII succeeds Sixtus V.
- December 5 - Pope Gregory XIV succeeds Urban VII.
- Coptic Pope Gabriel VIII succeeds Yoannis XIV.
- Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria Meletius I succeeds Silvester.
- Japan is united by Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- Seven-Year War - Japan invades Korea in 1592 and 1597.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1590s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.