|Centuries:||15th century - 16th century - 17th century|
|Decades:|| 1480s 1490s 1500s - 1510s - 1520s 1530s 1540s
|Years:||1509 1510 1511 - 1512 - 1513 1514 1515|
|1512 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture – Art –|
|Literature – Music – Poetry – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1512
January - June
- April 11 - Battle of Ravenna. French forces under Gaston de Foix defeat the Spanish under Raymond of Cardona, but Gaston is killed in the pursuit.
July - December
- October 19 - Martin Luther becomes a doctor of theology [Doctor in Biblia].
- October 21 - Martin Luther joins the theological faculty of the University of Wittenberg
- November 1 - The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo Buonarroti, is exhibited to the public for the first time.
- Juan Ponce de León discovers the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Selim I succeeds Beyazid II as Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.
- Moldavia becomes vassal of the Turkish Empire, in the same condisions as Wallachia: the voivode will be designated by the Turks, but will be of orthodox faith. Also, the Turks were not allowed to build mosques, to be buried, to own land or to settle in the country.
- Copernicus writes Commentariolus and moves the sun to the center of the solar system.
- First use of the word "masque" to denote a poetic drama.
- Florentine Republic is dismantled and the Medici family comes back into power.
- Wolverhampton Grammar School is founded by Sir Stephen Jenyns
|Gregorian calendar||1512 |
|Ab urbe condita||2265|
|Armenian calendar||961 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-332 – -331|
|Coptic calendar||1228 – 1229|
|Ethiopian calendar||1504 – 1505|
|Hebrew calendar||5272 – 5273|
|- Vikram Samvat||1567 – 1568|
|- Shaka Samvat||1434 – 1435|
|- Kali Yuga||4613 – 4614|
|Iranian calendar||890 – 891|
|Islamic calendar||917 – 918|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2172|
|Thai solar calendar||2055|
- January 31 - King Henry of Portugal (died 1580)
- March 5 - Gerardus Mercator, Flemish-German cartographer (died 1594)
- April 10 - King James V of Scotland (died 1542)
- date unknown
- Anne Boleyn (date unknown) (died 1536)
- Galeazzo Alessi, Italian architect (died 1572)
- Patrick Hepburn, Scottish renegade (died 1556)
- Edward Clinton, English admiral (died 1585)
- Marcin Kromer, bishop of Warnia (died 1589)
- James Lainez, Jesuit General and theologian (died 1565)
- Mikołaj "the Red" Radziwiłł, Polish magnate (died 1584)
- Tabinshwehti, king who unified Burma (died 1550)
- Adrianus Turnebus, French classical scholar (died 1565)
- Jeronimo Zurita y Castro, Spanish historian (died 1580)
- See also 1512 births.
- January 2 - Svante (b. 1460)
- February 22 - Amerigo Vespucci, Italian merchant and cartographer, discoverer of new world (born 1454)
- April 11 - Gaston de Foix, French military commander (born 1489)
- May 21 - Pandolfo Petrucci, ruler of Siena (born c1450)
- May 26 - Beyazid II, Ottoman Sultan (born c1447)
- August 12 - Alessandro Achillini, Italian philosopher (born 1463)
- September 19 - John Stewart, Scottish peer (born 1440)
- date unknown
- See also 1512 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1512. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1512 at Familypedia
22 people were born in 1512
8 children were born to the 8 women born in 1512
18 people died in 1512
949 people lived in 1512
Events of the year 1512 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1512.
|Sigismund Jagiellon (1467-1548)||Barbara Zápolya (1495-1515) + Bona Sforza (1494-1557) + Katarzyna Telniczenka (-1528)|
|John Lawthrop (1474-1558)||Margaret Wade (c1490-1545)|
|Margaret Wade (c1490-1545)||John Lawthrop (1474-1558)|
|Heinrich der Fromme von Sachsen (1473-1541)||Katharina von Mecklenburg (1487-1561)|
|Anthony Windsor (c1475-)||Elizabeth Lovell (bef1512-)|
|Ernst II. von Mansfeld zu Vorder-Ort (1479-1531)||Barbara von Querfurt (1480-1511)+Dorothea zu Solms-Lich (1493-1578)|
|Katharina von Mecklenburg (1487-1561)||Heinrich der Fromme von Sachsen (1473-1541)|
|Dorothea zu Solms-Lich (1493-1578)||Ernst II. von Mansfeld zu Vorder-Ort (1479-1531)|
There were 0 military battles in 1512.