|Millennia:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||17th century BC - 16th century BC - 15th century BC|
|Decades:||1530s BC 1520s BC 1510s BC - 1500s BC - 1490s BC 1480s BC 1470s BC|
|Years:||1509 BC 1508 BC 1507 BC 1506 BC 1505 BC|
1504 BC 1503 BC 1502 BC 1501 BC 1500 BC
|Categories:||Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trends
- The element Mercury has been discovered in Egyptian tombs dating from this decade.
- 1509 BC — Beginning of current Baktun cycle in the Mayan calendar.
- 1506 BC — Cecrops, legendary King of Athens, dies after a reign of 50 years. Having survived his own son, he is succeeded by Cranaus.
- c. 1506 BC — Thutmose I (Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt) starts to rule.
- c. 1504 BC — Thutmose I starts to rule (other date is 1506 BC).
- Egypt conquers Nubia and the Levant (1504 BC–1492 BC).
- Earliest remains of domesticated ferrets found.
- Date of the Biblical Exodus, according to Simcha Jacobovich in the documentary Exodus Decoded.
- Polynesians settle in Fiji.
- c. 1500 BC — Mycenaean civilization starts in Ancient Greece.
- 1500 BC–500 BC — Vedas are composed.
- c. 1500 BC - Shang Dynasty starts in Ancient China.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1500s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|