|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1461 1462 1463 - 1464 - 1465 1466 1467|
|1464 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1464Edit
- February - Christian I of Denmark and Norway who was also serving as King of Sweden is declared deposed from the later throne. His deposed predecessor Charles VIII of Sweden is re-elected to the throne.
- April 25 - Battle of Hedgeley Moor - Yorkist forces under Lord Montague defeat Lancastrians under Sir Ralph Percy, who is killed.
- May 1 - Edward IV of England secretly marries Elizabeth Woodville. He keeps the marriage a secret for five months afterwards
- May 15 - Battle of Hexham - Montague defeats another Lancastrian army, this one led by King Henry and Queen Margaret themselves. This marks the end of organized Lancastrian existence for several years.
- August 21 - Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan abdicates, and is succeeded by his son, Emperor Go-Tsuchimikado.
- August 30 - Pope Paul II succeeds Pope Pius II as the 211th pope.
- date unknown Jehan Lagadeuc writes a Breton-French-Latin dicionary called the Catholicon. It's the first French dicionary as well as the first Breton dicionary of world History and it will be published in 1499.
- In China, a small rebellion occurs in the interior province of Huguang, during the Ming Dynasty.
- April 23 - Joan of France (died 1505)
- November 19 - Emperor Go-Kashiwabara of Japan (died 1526)
- date unknown
- January - Desiderio da Settignano, Italian sculptor
- February 23 - Zhengtong Emperor of China (born 1427)
- May 15 - Henry Beaufort (executed) (born 1436)
- May 17 - Thomas de Ros, English politician (executed) (born 1427)
- May 25 - Charles I (born 1414)
- June 18 - Roger van der Weyden, Flemish painter
- August 1 - Cosimo de' Medici, ruler of Florence (born 1389)
- August 11 - Nicholas of Cusa, German mathematician and astronomer (born 1401)
- August 14 - Pope Pius II (born 1405)
- November 23 - Blessed Margaret of Savoy (born 1390)
- date unknown
- Tomaltach Oc O Gadra killed in battle of Sliabh Lugha in Cluain Cárthaigh, now called Clooncara, Kilmovee.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1464. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1464 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1464
10 children were born to the 5 women born in 1464
24 people died in 1464
852 people lived in 1464
Events of the year 1464 at FamilypediaEdit
20 people were married in 1464.
There were 1 military battles in 1464.
|Battle of Hedgeley Moor||25 April 1464 JL|