|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1400s 1410s 1420s - 1430s - 1440s 1450s 1460s
|Years:||1427 1428 1429 - 1430 - 1431 1432 1433|
|1430 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1430[edit | edit source]
- May 14 - First French attempts to relieve the Siege of Compiègne.
- May 23 - Joan of Arc is captured by the Burgundians while leading an army to relieve Compiègne.
- June 14 - William Waynflete becomes vicar of Skendleby, Lincolnshire.
- The Ottoman Empire captures Thessalonica from the Venetians.
- Order of the Golden Fleece is founded by Philip III to celebrate his marriage.
- Bratislava Castle is converted to a fortress under Sigismund of Luxemburg.
- Švitrigaila succeeds his cousin as ruler of Lithuania.
- First use of optical methods in the creation of Art.
- Janissaries are created.
|Gregorian calendar||1430 |
|Ab urbe condita||2183|
|Armenian calendar||879 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-414 – -413|
|Coptic calendar||1146 – 1147|
|Ethiopian calendar||1422 – 1423|
|Hebrew calendar||5190 – 5191|
|- Vikram Samvat||1485 – 1486|
|- Shaka Samvat||1352 – 1353|
|- Kali Yuga||4531 – 4532|
|Iranian calendar||808 – 809|
|Islamic calendar||833 – 834|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2090|
|Thai solar calendar||1973|
Births[edit | edit source]
- October 16 - King James II of Scotland (died 1460)
- October 28 - Richard West, English politician (died 1475)
- date unknown - Hosokawa Katsumoto, Japanese warlord
- probable - Heinrich Kramer, German churchman and inquisitor (died 1505)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- January 29? - Andrei Rublev, Russian iconographer (born 1360)
- August 14 - Philip I (b. 1404)
- August 18 - Thomas de Ros, English soldier and politician (b. 1406)
- October 27 - Vytautas the Great, Grand Prince of Lithuania (born 1352)
- date unknown
See also[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1430. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1430 at Familypedia
47 people were born in 1430
23 children were born to the 15 women born in 1430
14 people died in 1430
887 people lived in 1430
Events of the year 1430 at Familypedia
17 people were married in 1430.
There were 0 military battles in 1430.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.