|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1370s 1380s 1390s - 1400s - 1410s 1420s 1430s
|Years:||1401 1402 1403 - 1404 - 1405 1406 1407|
|1404 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1404Edit
- June 14 - Rebel leader Owain Glyndŵr, having declared himself Prince of Wales, allies with the French against the English. He later begins holding parliamentary assemblies.
- October 17 - Pope Innocent VII succeeds Pope Boniface IX as the 204th pope.
- November 19 - St. Elizabeth's flood devastates parts of Flanders, Zeeland and Holland.
- Stefan Tvrtko II succeeds Stefan Ostoja as King of Bosnia.
- Peace is declared between Lithuania and the Teutonic Knights after they agree to exchange land and form an alliance against Muscovy.
- The University of Turin is founded.
- Timur is hit by a fever while preparing to invade China.
- Centurione II Zaccaria succeeds Maria II Zaccaria as ruler of the Principality of Achaea.
- Virupaksha Raya succeeds Harihara Raya II as ruler of the Vijayanagara Empire in present-day southern India.
- Narayana Ramadhipati succeeds Ponthea Yat as King of Cambodia.
- Ruaidri Caech MacDermot succeeds Conchobair Og MacDermot as King of Moylurg in present-day north-east Connacht, Ireland.
- The city of Vicenza comes under the rule of the Venetians.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1404 |
|Ab urbe condita||2157|
|Armenian calendar|| 853 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-440 – -439|
|Coptic calendar||1120 – 1121|
|Ethiopian calendar||1396 – 1397|
|Hebrew calendar||5164 – 5165|
|- Vikram Samvat||1459 – 1460|
|- Shaka Samvat||1326 – 1327|
|- Kali Yuga||4505 – 4506|
|Iranian calendar||782 – 783|
|Islamic calendar||806 – 807|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2064|
|Thai solar calendar||1947|
- February 9 - Constantine XI, last Byzantine Emperor (died 1453)
- February 14 - Leone Battista Alberti, Italian painter, poet, and philosopher (died 1472)
- March 25 (baptism) - John Beaufort, English military leader (d. 1444)
- June - Murad II, Ottoman Sultan (died 1451)
- July 25 - Philip I (d. 1430)
- September 10 - Gilles de Rais, French aristocrat (died 1440)
- October 14 - Marie of Anjou, queen of Charles VII of France (died 1463)
- date unknown
- April 27 - Philip II (born 1342)
- September 14 - Duke Albert IV of Austria (born 1377)
- September 27 - William of Wykeham, English bishop and statesman (born 1320)
- October 1 - Pope Boniface IX (born 1356)
- October 15 - Marie Valois, French princess (born 1344)
- December 13 - Albert (b. 1336)
- date unknown - Eleanor of Arborea, ruler of Sardinia (born 1350)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1404. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1404 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1404
10 children were born to the 5 women born in 1404
21 people died in 1404
870 people lived in 1404
Events of the year 1404 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1404.
There were 1 military battles in 1404.
|Battle of the Hamme||4 August 1404 JL|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.