|Centuries:||13th century - 14th century - 15th century|
|Decades:|| 1360s 1370s 1380s - 1390s - 1400s 1410s 1420s
|Years:||1394 1395 1396 - 1397 - 1398 1399 1400|
|1397 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
- July 20 - Queen Margaret forms the Kalmar Union, uniting the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway (with Iceland and Greenland) and Sweden (including Finland).
- The Ottomans capture the Vidin Empire, the only remaining independent Bulgarian state. Emperor Ivan Sratsimir of Vidin is taken prisoner and later disappears.
- Richard II of England attempts to reassert authority over his kingdom by arresting members of a group of powerful barons known as the Lords Appellant.
- Temur Qutlugh is crowned as the Khan of Golden Horde with the help of general Edigu. Although, Edigu continues to hold the real power.
- Thomas Arundel succeeds William Courtenay as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Richard Whittington aka Dick Whittington is elected Lord Mayor of London.
- Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery is founded in north-west Russia.
- Sretensky Monastery is founded in Moscow.
- February 10 - John Beaufort becomes Earl of Somerset.
- September 29 - John Holland, Earl of Huntingdon is created Duke of Exeter by his half-brother Richard II of England.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1397 |
|Ab urbe condita||2150|
|Armenian calendar|| 846 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-447 – -446|
|Coptic calendar||1113 – 1114|
|Ethiopian calendar||1389 – 1390|
|Hebrew calendar||5157 – 5158|
|- Vikram Samvat||1452 – 1453|
|- Shaka Samvat||1319 – 1320|
|- Kali Yuga||4498 – 4499|
|Iranian calendar||775 – 776|
|Islamic calendar||799 – 800|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2057|
|Thai solar calendar||1940|
- February 21 - Isabella of Portugal (†1471)
- May 6 - Sejong the Great of Joseon, ruler of Korea (died 1450)
- June 29 - King John II of Aragon (died 1479)
- August 10 - Albert II of Germany, Holy Roman Emperor (died 1439)
- November 15 - Pope Nicholas V (died 1455)
- Chimalpopoca, Aztec ruler of Tenochtitlán (died 1427)
- Tlacaelel, Aztec nobleman (died 1487)
- Paolo dal Pozzo Toscanelli, Italian mathematician (died 1482)
- Paolo Uccello, Florentine painter (died 1475)
- January 11 - Skirgiello, former Grand Duke of Lithuania
- February 18 - Enguerrand VII (born 1340)
- June 3 - William Montacute, English military leader (born 1328)
- June 16 - Philip of Artois, French soldier (b. 1358)
- September 2 - Francesco Landini, Italian composer
- September 15 - Adam Easton, Catholic Cardinal
- September 21 - Richard FitzAlan, English military leader (executed) (born 1346)
- date unknown - Thomas Holland (born 1350)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1397. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1397 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 1397
3 children were born to the 2 women born in 1397
25 people died in 1397
891 people lived in 1397
Events of the year 1397 at FamilypediaEdit
18 people were married in 1397.
There were 0 military battles in 1397.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.