|Centuries:||13th century - 14th century - 15th century|
|Decades:|| 1360s 1370s 1380s - 1390s - 1400s 1410s 1420s
|Years:||1387 1388 1389 - 1390 - 1391 1392 1393|
|1390 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
- Robert III succeeds his father, Robert II, as King of Scotland.
- Henry III succeeds his father, John I, as King of Castile and León.
- John VII Palaiologos overthrows his grandfather, John V Palaiologos, as Byzantine Emperor. John V Palaiologos is restored later in the year by his son, Manuel, and the Republic of Venice.
- The Turks take Philadelphia, the last Byzantine enclave of any significance in Anatolia.
- With the help of the Teutonic Knights, Vytautas begins a revolt against his cousin, Jogaila the Supreme Prince of Lithuania.
- Barquq is restored as Mamluk Sultan of Egypt after overthrowing Sultan Hadji II.
- Nasir ud din Muhammad Shah III overthrows his brother, Abu Baker, as Sultan of Delhi.
- Manuel III succeeds his father, Alexios III, as Emperor of Trebizond (now north eastern Turkey).
- Sikandar But-shikan succeeds Sikandar Shah as Sultan of Kashmir.
- Ko Cheng succeeds Che Bong Nga as King of Champa (now eastern Vietnam).
- Mahmud succeeds Sandaki as Mansa of the Mali Empire.
- N'Diklam Sare succeeds Sare N'Dyaye as ruler of the Jolof Empire (now part of Senegal).
- (circa 1390) The Kingdom of Kaffa is established in present day Ethiopia.
- Building of Templo Mayor, the main temple of the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City).
- Building of the Candi Surawana temple in the Majapahit Kingdom (now Indonesia).
- San Petronio Basilica begins to be built in Bologna.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1390 |
|Ab urbe condita||2143|
|Armenian calendar|| 839 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-454 – -453|
|Coptic calendar||1106 – 1107|
|Ethiopian calendar||1382 – 1383|
|Hebrew calendar||5150 – 5151|
|- Vikram Samvat||1445 – 1446|
|- Shaka Samvat||1312 – 1313|
|- Kali Yuga||4491 – 4492|
|Iranian calendar||768 – 769|
|Islamic calendar||792 – 793|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2050|
|Thai solar calendar||1933|
- December 27 - Anne de Mortimer, claimant to the English throne (died 1411)
- Domenico da Piacenza, Italian dancemaster (died 1470)
- John Dunstaple, English composer (died 1453)
- Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson, Swedish statesman and rebel leader (died 1436)
- Humphrey (died 1447)
- John VIII Palaeologus Byzantine Emperor (died 1448)
- April 19 - King Robert II of Scotland (born 1316)
- August 14 - John FitzAlan, English soldier (b. 1364)
- September 23 - John I (born 1346)
- October 9 - King John I of Castile (fall from a horse) (born 1358)
- Altichiero, Italian painter (born 1330)
- Sultan Sikandar Shah of Kashmir.
- Towtiwil, Prince of Black Ruthenia
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1390. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1390 at Familypedia
44 people were born in 1390
17 children were born to the 17 women born in 1390
23 people died in 1390
903 people lived in 1390
Events of the year 1390 at FamilypediaEdit
19 people were married in 1390.
There were 0 military battles in 1390.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.