1376 1377 1378 - 1379 - 1380 1381 1382
1340s 1350s 1360s - 1370s - 1380s 1390s 1400s
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1379 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar||1379 |
|Ab urbe condita||2132|
|Armenian calendar||828 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-465 – -464|
|Coptic calendar||1095 – 1096|
|Ethiopian calendar||1371 – 1372|
|Hebrew calendar||5139 – 5140|
|- Vikram Samvat||1434 – 1435|
|- Shaka Samvat||1301 – 1302|
|- Kali Yuga||4480 – 4481|
|Iranian calendar||757 – 758|
|Islamic calendar||780 – 781|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2039|
|Thai solar calendar||1922|
- September 9 - Treaty of Neuberg signed, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between brothers Albert III and Leopold III. Albert III retains the title of Duke of Austria.
- The Venetians and Ottomans invade Constantinople and restore John V Palaiologos as Byzantine co-emperor. Andronikos IV Palaiologos is allowed to remain as Byzantine co-emperor but is confined to the city of Silivri for the remainder of his life.
- John I succeeds his father, Henry II, as King of Castile and King of León.
- Bairam Khawaja establishes the independent principality of the Turkomans of the Black Sheep Empire in present day Armenia.
- Dmitri Donskoi of Moscow raids Estonia.
- Foundation of New College.
- Foundation of Wisbech Grammar School in England.
- October 4 - King Henry III of Castile (died 1406)
- Ferdinand I of Aragon (died 1416)
- Joan Beaufort (approximate date; died 1440)
- February 18 - Albert II of Mecklenburg
- May 29 - King Henry II of Castile (born 1334)
- December 16 - John Fitzalan, Marshal of England (drowned)
- Aqsara'i, Persian physician
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1379. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1379 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1379
9 children were born to the 3 women born in 1379
11 people died in 1379
863 people lived in 1379
Events of the year 1379 at Familypedia
13 people were married in 1379.
There were 0 military battles in 1379.