1367 1368 1369 - 1370 - 1371 1372 1373
| Decades: |
1340s 1350s 1360s - 1370s - 1380s 1390s 1400s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1370 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1370 |
|Ab urbe condita||2123|
|Armenian calendar|| 819 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-474 – -473|
|Coptic calendar||1086 – 1087|
|Ethiopian calendar||1362 – 1363|
|Hebrew calendar||5130 – 5131|
|- Vikram Samvat||1425 – 1426|
|- Shaka Samvat||1292 – 1293|
|- Kali Yuga||4471 – 4472|
|Iranian calendar||748 – 749|
|Islamic calendar||771 – 772|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2030|
|Thai solar calendar||1913|
- May 24 - The Treaty of Stralsund ends the war between Denmark and the Hanseatic League.
- October 20 - Philip of Anjou, Titular Emperor of Constantinople, marries Elisabeth of Slavonia, daughter of Stephen, duke of Transylvania and Slavonia, and Margareta of Bavaria.
- December 20 - Pope Gregory XI succeeds Pope Urban V as the 201st pope.
- Steel Crossbow first used as a weapon of war.
- Carthusian monks build the Charterhouse in London.
- Fortification of Xian City (Chang'an)
- Timur completes his conquest of Central Asia and parts of Persia, establishing the Timurid Empire.
- Tran Phu deposes Duong Nhat Le as King of Vietnam.
- For the second time since 1368, Moscow attacks Tver. Tver again makes a counter-attack with the aid of Lithuania and the Blue Horde.
- Casimir III of Poland is succeeded jointly by his sister, Elisabeth of Kujavia, and her son, Louis I of Hungary. Beginning of the rule of Poland by the Capet-Anjou family.
- Duke William of Austria (died July 14, 1406)
- Guarino da Verona, Italian humanist (died 1460).
- Joanna of Navarre, daughter of Charles II of Navarre (died 1437)
- John Lydgate, English Benedictine monk and poet (died 1451)
- Queen Mary of Sicily (died 1402)
- Erasmo of Narni, Italian mercenary (died 1443)
- King Olaf IV of Norway (died 1387)
- John VII Palaeologus, Byzantine Emperor (died 1408)
- Jan Piast, Duke of Ziebice (died 1428)
- Jan Sindel, Polish scientist (died 1443)
- Jan Zizka, leader of the Hussites (died 1424)
- Pawel Wlodkowic, Polish scholar (died 1435)
- Leonardo Bruni, Florentine rhetorician, historian.
- December 19 - Pope Urban V (born 1310)
- Casimir III of Poland (born 1310)
- Ukhaatu Khan, Grand khan of the Mongol Empire (born 1320)
- Shi Nai'an, Chinese author (born 1296)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1370. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1370 at Familypedia
48 people were born in 1370
20 children were born to the 12 women born in 1370
12 people died in 1370
856 people lived in 1370
Events of the year 1370 at FamilypediaEdit
13 people were married in 1370.
There were 0 military battles in 1370.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.