|1363 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar||1363 |
|Ab urbe condita||2116|
|Armenian calendar||812 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-481 – -480|
|Coptic calendar||1079 – 1080|
|Ethiopian calendar||1355 – 1356|
|Hebrew calendar||5123 – 5124|
|- Vikram Samvat||1418 – 1419|
|- Shaka Samvat||1285 – 1286|
|- Kali Yuga||4464 – 4465|
|Iranian calendar||741 – 742|
|Islamic calendar||764 – 765|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2023|
|Thai solar calendar||1906|
Events[edit | edit source]
July-December[edit | edit source]
- August 30 to October 4 - the Battle of Lake Poyang is fought between the Dahan rebel forces of Chen Youliang and the Red Turban Rebel forces of Zhu Yuanzhang on Lake Poyang, during the final decade of Yuan Dynasty control over China. Zhu's naval forces of 200,000 were pitted against Chen's naval forces of 650,000 troops in what was not only the largest naval battle of the medieval age, but also one of the largest naval battles in history.
Undated[edit | edit source]
- Magnus II, King of Sweden, is deposed by Albert of Mecklenburg.
- Haakon VI of Norway marries Margaret I of Denmark.
- Philip the Bold becomes duke of Burgundy.
- Completion of the Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan in Cairo, Egypt.
- Al-Afdal al-Abbas succeeds Al-Mujahid Ali as Rasulid Sultan of Yemen.
- Byzantine Empire wins naval battle over the Ottoman Empire near Megara, Greece.
- Bosnian nobles revolt against the occupying Serbs.
- Uprising against the Venetian rulers in Crete.
- Dmitri Donskoi, ruler of Moscow, dethrones Dmitri Konstantinovich as ruler of Vladimir.
Births[edit | edit source]
- December 14 - Jean Gerson, chancellor of the University of Paris
- King U of Goryeo
- Zeami Motokiyo, Japanese actor and playwright (died 1443)
- Thomas Langley, cardinal bishop of Durham and lord chancellor of England
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- January 13 - Meinhard III, Count of Tyrol
- Simone Boccanegra, first doge of Genoa
- Ranulf Higdon, English chronicler (approximate date; born c. 1299)
- Longchenpa, teacher of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism (born 1308)
- Elizabeth de Burgh (born 1332)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1363. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1363 at Familypedia
20 people were born in 1363
14 children were born to the 12 women born in 1363
17 people died in 1363
833 people lived in 1363
Events of the year 1363 at Familypedia
12 people were married in 1363.
There were 0 military battles in 1363.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.