1345 1346 1347 - 1348 - 1349 1350 1351
| Decades: |
1310s 1320s 1330s - 1340s - 1350s 1360s 1370s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1348 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1348 |
|Ab urbe condita||2101|
|Armenian calendar|| 797 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-496 – -495|
|Coptic calendar||1064 – 1065|
|Ethiopian calendar||1340 – 1341|
|Hebrew calendar||5108 – 5109|
|- Vikram Samvat||1403 – 1404|
|- Shaka Samvat||1270 – 1271|
|- Kali Yuga||4449 – 4450|
|Iranian calendar||726 – 727|
|Islamic calendar||748 – 749|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2008|
|Thai solar calendar||1891|
- April 7 - Charles University is founded in Prague.
- June - 2 ships enter the Bristol Channel and bring the bubonic plague to England.
- June 24 - Black Death outbreak in full swing in Melcombe Regis (modern-day Weymouth, Dorset in England).
- July 6 - Papal bull of Pope Clement VI protecting Jews against popular aggression during the Black Death epidemic.
- Beginning of Black Death epidemic in central and western Europe.
- End of the reign of Emperor Komyo of Japan, second of the Northern Ashikaga Pretenders.
- Start of the reign of Emperor Sukō, third of the Northern Ashikaga Pretenders.
- Edward III of England creates the first English order of chivalry, the Order of the Garter.
- Pskov Republic gains independence from the Novgorod Republic with the treaty of Bolotovo.
- Black Death in Cairo.
- Estimation: Hangzhou in Mongolian China becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Cairo, capital of Mamluk Egypt.
- Truce between England and France until 1532.
- Gonville Hall, the forerunner of Gonville and Caius College was founded.
- February 2 - Narymunt, Prince of Pinsk
- December 2 - Emperor Hanazono, Emperor of Japan (born 1297)
- Laura, beloved of Petrarch (born 1310)
- John de Stratford, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Ambrogio Lorenzetti, Sienese painter (born 1290)
- Pietro Lorenzetti, Sienese painter (born 1280)
- Andrea Pisano, Italian sculptor and architect (born 1270)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1348. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1348 at Familypedia
16 people were born in 1348
8 children were born to the 7 women born in 1348
20 people died in 1348
878 people lived in 1348
Events of the year 1348 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1348.
There were 0 military battles in 1348.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.