1344 1345 1346 - 1347 - 1348 1349 1350
1310s 1320s 1330s - 1340s - 1350s 1360s 1370s
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1347 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar||1347 |
|Ab urbe condita||2100|
|Armenian calendar||796 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-497 – -496|
|Coptic calendar||1063 – 1064|
|Ethiopian calendar||1339 – 1340|
|Hebrew calendar||5107 – 5108|
|- Vikram Samvat||1402 – 1403|
|- Shaka Samvat||1269 – 1270|
|- Kali Yuga||4448 – 4449|
|Iranian calendar||725 – 726|
|Islamic calendar||747 – 748|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2007|
|Thai solar calendar||1890|
- The Black Death ravages Europe (1347-1351).
- Roman Commoner Cola di Rienzo proclaims himself a new Roman dictator in Capitoline Hill in Rome; Pope Clement VI denounces him as a pagan and a heretic and he is driven out of the city by the end of the year.
- Hundred Years War: English defeat the French at the Battle of Croytoye.
- John VI Kantakouzenos becomes joint Byzantine Emperor after civil war with the regency of the young Emperor John V Palaiologos.
- James Butler, granted his "regalities" by Edward III.
- March 25 - Catherine of Siena, Italian saint (died 1380)
- Eleanor of Arborea, ruler of Sardinia (died 1404)
- October 11 - Louis IV (born 1282)
- Adam Murimuth, English ecclesiastic and chronicler (born 1274)
- John de Warenne (born 1286)
- Hazrat Shah Jalal, sufi saint of Bengal (born 1271)
- Saint Flora, Catholic patroness of abandoned convents, single women & victims of betrayal
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1347. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1347 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1347
7 children were born to the 6 women born in 1347
25 people died in 1347
900 people lived in 1347
Events of the year 1347 at Familypedia
18 people were married in 1347.
There were 0 military battles in 1347.