1340 1341 1342 - 1343 - 1344 1345 1346
| Decades: |
1310s 1320s 1330s - 1340s - 1350s 1360s 1370s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1343 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1343 |
|Ab urbe condita||2096|
|Armenian calendar|| 792 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-501 – -500|
|Coptic calendar||1059 – 1060|
|Ethiopian calendar||1335 – 1336|
|Hebrew calendar||5103 – 5104|
|- Vikram Samvat||1398 – 1399|
|- Shaka Samvat||1265 – 1266|
|- Kali Yuga||4444 – 4445|
|Iranian calendar||721 – 722|
|Islamic calendar||743 – 744|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2003|
|Thai solar calendar||1886|
- Magnus II of Sweden abdicates from the throne of Norway in favor of his son Haakon VI of Norway. However Haakon is still a minor, allowing Magnus to be the de facto ruler.
- January 27, Pope Clement VI issues his Bull Unigenitus, defining the doctrine of "The Treasury of Merits" or "The Treasury of the Church" as the basis for the issuance of indulgences by the Catholic Church.
- St. George's Night Uprising in Estonia (-1345).
- Alexander Stewart (died 1394)
- Geoffrey Chaucer, English poet (approximate date) (died 1400)
- Emperor Chokei of Japan (died 1394)
- Thomas Percy, English rebel (died 1403)
- December 15 - Hasan Kucek, Chobanid prince
- Sir Ulick Burke, Irish nobleman
- Aimone of Savoy
- Robert of Naples
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1343. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1343 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1343
11 children were born to the 7 women born in 1343
18 people died in 1343
909 people lived in 1343
Events of the year 1343 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1343.
There were 0 military battles in 1343.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.