|Millennia:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||14th century BC - 13th century BC - 12th century BC|
|Decades:||1300s BC 1290s BC 1280s BC - 1270s BC - 1260s BC 1250s BC 1240s BC|
|Years:||1279 BC 1278 BC 1277 BC 1276 BC 1275 BC|
1274 BC 1273 BC 1272 BC 1271 BC 1270 BC
|Categories:||Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 1279 BC — Pharaoh Seti I dies.
- c. 1279 BC (May 31) — Ramesses II (19th dynasty) becomes pharaoh of Ancient Egypt.
- c. 1279 BC–1213 BC — Temple of Ramesses II in Abu Simbel, Nubia (19th dynasty) was built. Wall painting of Queen Nefertari making an offering to the god Isis in the tomb of Nefertari was made. The tomb is located in the Valley of the Queens in Egypt.
- c. 1279 BC - 1213 BC - Temple of Amun, Mut and Khons, Luxor, Nineteenth dynasty of Egypt, is built.
- 1274 BC (July) — The Battle of Kadesh in Syria. Signing of the earliest known peace treaty at the end of the Battle of Kadesh between the Hittites and Egyptians.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1270s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|