1254 1255 1256 - 1257 - 1258 1259 1260
| Decades: |
1220s 1230s 1240s - 1250s - 1260s 1270s 1280s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1257 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1257 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1257 |
|Ab urbe condita||2010|
|Armenian calendar|| 706 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-587 – -586|
|Coptic calendar||973 – 974|
|Ethiopian calendar||1249 – 1250|
|Hebrew calendar||5017 – 5018|
|- Vikram Samvat||1312 – 1313|
|- Shaka Samvat||1179 – 1180|
|- Kali Yuga||4358 – 4359|
|Iranian calendar||635 – 636|
|Islamic calendar||654 – 655|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1917|
|Thai solar calendar||1800|
- Robert de Sorbon founds the Collège de Sorbonne at Paris, giving a formal college (and still-common name) to the already existing University of Paris in France.
- Matthew Paris, English historian, personally intreviews King Henry III of England for a week straight while compiling his major work of English history, Chronica Majora.
- King Henry III of England orders the production of an twenty pence English coin of pure gold, the first high-denomination coin minted in England and the first to use gold. Unfortunately for King Henry, the bullion value of the coins was about 20% higher than the nominal face value, leading to poor circulation as coins were melted down by individuals for their gold content.
- The second Genoese War breaks out between Genoa and Venice in Outremer known as the War of Saint Sabas.
- The city of Kraków is rebuilt by Boleslaus V of Poland after being nearly destroyed in the Tatar invasions in 1241.
- The Japanese Kōgen era ends, and the Shōka era begins.
- Mongols take Annam (northern Vietnam).
- October 14 - King Przemysł II of Poland (d. 1296)
- Beatrice of Burgundy (died 1310)
- King Sancho IV of Castile and León (died 1295)
- June 4 - Duke Przemysł I of Greater Poland
- August 15 - Saint Hyacinth
- December 24 - John I (born 1218)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1257. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1257 at Familypedia
15 people were born in 1257
21 children were born to the 8 women born in 1257
19 people died in 1257
1017 people lived in 1257
Events of the year 1257 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1257.
There were 1 military battles in 1257.
|Battle of Mount Tugov (1257)||16 July 1257 JL|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.