1244 1245 1246 - 1247 - 1248 1249 1250
1210s 1220s 1230s - 1240s - 1250s 1260s 1270s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1247 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1247 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1247 |
|Ab urbe condita||2000|
|Armenian calendar||696 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-597 – -596|
|Coptic calendar||963 – 964|
|Ethiopian calendar||1239 – 1240|
|Hebrew calendar||5007 – 5008|
|- Vikram Samvat||1302 – 1303|
|- Shaka Samvat||1169 – 1170|
|- Kali Yuga||4348 – 4349|
|Iranian calendar||625 – 626|
|Islamic calendar||644 – 645|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1907|
|Thai solar calendar||1790|
- Shams ad-Din disappears, resulting in Jalal Uddin Rumi writing 30,000 verses of poetry about his disappearance.
- Romford, London, England is chartered as a market town.
- Bedlam becomes part of London.
- Thuringian War of Succession begins.
- Qin Jiushao publishes the original form of the Chinese remainder theorem.
- Pope Innocent IV sends missionaries to attempt to convert the Mongols.
- Egypt takes control of Jerusalem from the Kharezmians.
- Nijmegen becomes part of Gelderland.
- The Romanesque cathedral of St. Pierre is begun in Beauvais.
- Afonso III succeeds Sancho II as King of Portugal.
- Saint Louis massacres the last remaining Catharists at Montségur.
- Song Ci publishes the Collected Cases of Injustice Rectified, a book considered to be the first monographic work on forensic medicine.
- Isabella of Aragon, queen of Philip III of France (died 1271).
- Angelo da Clareno, founder of Fraticelli (died 1337).
- Little Saint Hugh of Lincoln (died 1255).
- John II (died 1304).
- Rashid al-Din, Persian writer and historian (died 1318) (approximate date).
- Zhang Sanfeng, Chinese Taoist priest.
- Giles of Rome, Roman archbishop and philosopher.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1247. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1247 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1247
14 children were born to the 6 women born in 1247
18 people died in 1247
1006 people lived in 1247
Events of the year 1247 at Familypedia
10 people were married in 1247.
|Renaud I de Forez (c1215-1270)||Isabelle de Beaujeu (1225-1297)|
|Albrecht I. von Sachsen (c1180-1261)||Agnes von Österreich (1206-1226)+Agnes von Thüringen (1205-1246)+Helene von Braunschweig-Lüneburg (1223-1273)|
|Maud de Braose (1224-1300)||Roger Mortimer, 1st Baron Mortimer of Wigmore (1231-1282)|
|Gaston VII de Béarn (1225-1290)||Mathe de Marsan (c1229-c1271) + Beatrix de Savoie|
|Roger Mortimer, 1st Baron Mortimer of Wigmore (1231-1282)||Maud de Braose (1224-1300)|
|Alice de Lusignan (1224-1256)||John de Warenne (1231-1304)|
|Mathe de Marsan (c1229-c1271)||Gaston VII de Béarn (1225-1290)|
|Beatrice de Savoie (1223-1258)||Manfredo III di Saluzzo (c1204-1244)+Manfred of Sicily (1232-1266)|
|Sophie von Honstein (c1230)||Heinrich III. von Schwarzburg-Leutenberg (c1220-1259)|
|Heinrich III. von Schwarzburg-Leutenberg (c1220-1259)||Sophie von Honstein (c1230)|
There were 0 military battles in 1247.