1233 1234 1235 - 1236 - 1237 1238 1239
1200s 1210s 1220s - 1230s - 1240s 1250s 1260s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1236 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1236 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1236 |
|Ab urbe condita||1989|
|Armenian calendar||685 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-608 – -607|
|Coptic calendar||952 – 953|
|Ethiopian calendar||1228 – 1229|
|Hebrew calendar||4996 – 4997|
|- Vikram Samvat||1291 – 1292|
|- Shaka Samvat||1158 – 1159|
|- Kali Yuga||4337 – 4338|
|Iranian calendar||614 – 615|
|Islamic calendar||633 – 634|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1896|
|Thai solar calendar||1779|
- January 14 - Henry III of England marries Eleanor of Provence.
- May 6 - Roger of Wendover, Benedictine monk and chronicler of St Albans Abbey dies. His chronicle is continued by Matthew Paris.
- September 22 - Lithuanians and Semigallians beat Livonian Brothers of the Sword in the Battle of Saule
- Volga Bulgaria is conquered by Mongol khan Batu.
- Córdoba was retaken for Christianity as part of the Reconquista in 1236, and became a centre of activity against the remaining Islamic population.
- Accession of Razia al-Din to the Sultanate of Delhi.
- Aragon - James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile - Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and Leon (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1236. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1236 at Familypedia
7 people were born in 1236
4 children were born to the 2 women born in 1236
17 people died in 1236
1025 people lived in 1236
Events of the year 1236 at Familypedia
12 people were married in 1236.
|Jean I de Bretagne (1217-1286)||Blanca de Navarra (1226-1283)|
|Pierre I de Bretagne (c1187-1250)||Alix de Thouars (1201-1221) + Nicole (c1205-1232) + Marguerite de Montaigu (1189-1241)|
|Yolande de Bretagne (1218-1272)||Hugues XI de Lusignan (1221-1250)|
|Henry III of England (1207-1272)||Éléonore de Provence (1223-1291)|
|Humphrey de Bohun, 2nd Earl of Hereford (c1208-1275)||Maud de Lusignan (c1210-1241) + Maud de Avenbury (-1273)|
|Dauphine de La Tour (1220-c1267)||Ebles VII de Ventadour (1210-1265)|
|Ebles VII de Ventadour (1210-1265)||Dauphine de La Tour (1220-c1267)|
|Godefroi de Perwez (c1206-1257)||Alix van Grimbergen|
|Hugues XI de Lusignan (1221-1250)||Yolande de Bretagne (1218-1272)|
|Blanca de Navarra (1226-1283)||Jean I de Bretagne (1217-1286)|
|Éléonore de Provence (1223-1291)||Henry III of England (1207-1272)|
|Ludwig von Ravensberg (c1190-1249)||Gertrud zur Lippe (c1212-1244) + Adelheid von Dassel (?-c1262)|
There were 0 military battles in 1236.