1226 1227 1228 - 1229 - 1230 1231 1232
1190s 1200s 1210s - 1220s - 1230s 1240s 1250s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1229 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1229 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1229 |
|Ab urbe condita||1982|
|Armenian calendar||678 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-615 – -614|
|Coptic calendar||945 – 946|
|Ethiopian calendar||1221 – 1222|
|Hebrew calendar||4989 – 4990|
|- Vikram Samvat||1284 – 1285|
|- Shaka Samvat||1151 – 1152|
|- Kali Yuga||4330 – 4331|
|Iranian calendar||607 – 608|
|Islamic calendar||626 – 627|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1889|
|Thai solar calendar||1772|
- February 18 - The Sixth Crusade: Frederick II signs a ten-year truce with al-Kamil, regaining Jerusalem, Nazareth, and Bethlehem with neither military engagements nor support from the papacy.
- March 18 - Sixth Crusade of Frederick II: Frederick crowns himself King of Jerusalem.
- September 12 - The Aragonese army under the command of James I of Aragon disembarks at Santa Ponça, Majorca, with the purpose of conquering the island.
- Beverston Castle, Gloucestershire, England was founded.
- University of Paris strike of 1229.
- Abu Zakariya founds the independente Hafsid dynasty in Ifriqiya (north Africa).
- Following the deadlock tie in the election of the Venetian Doge, the number of electors is increased from forty to forty-one in order to prevent such future occurrences.
- Foundation of the University of Toulouse in Toulouse, France.
- Founding of the city of Turku, Finland.
- January 17 - Albert of Buxhoeveden, German soldier
- Yaqut al-Hamawi, Arab biographer and geographer (born 1179)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1229. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1229 at Familypedia
6 people were born in 1229
4 children were born to the 3 women born in 1229
11 people died in 1229
1007 people lived in 1229
Events of the year 1229 at Familypedia
11 people were married in 1229.
|Hugues IV de Bourgogne (1213-1272)||Yolande de Dreux (1212-1248) + Beatriz de Navarra (1242-1295)|
|Yolande de Dreux (1212-1248)||Hugues IV de Bourgogne (1213-1272)|
|Valdemar of Denmark (1209-1231)||Leonor of Portugal (1211-1231)|
|Sambor II. von Pommerellen (c1208-1278)||Mechtild zu Mecklenburg (-aft1269)|
|Sibylle of Anduze (1212-1280)||Barral des Baux (1200-1268)|
|Etienne II de Sancerre (1180-1252)||Eléonore de Vermandois (c1147-1221) + Éléonore de Nesle (1190-1232) + Agnès de Montreuil (c1188-1238)|
|Leonor of Portugal (1211-1231)||Valdemar of Denmark (1209-1231)|
|Henri I de Lusignan (1217-1253)||Alix de Montferrat (c1212-c1233) + Stephanie de Lampron (c1222-1249) + Plaisance of Antioch (c1235-1261)|
|Barral des Baux (1200-1268)||Wilhelmine de Toulouse + Sibylle of Anduze (1212-1280)|
|Alan, Lord of Galloway (c1175-1234)||(daughter) de Lacy (-)+Margaret of Huntingdon (c1194-aft1233)+Rohese de Lacy (-)|
|Mechtild zu Mecklenburg (-aft1269)||Sambor II. von Pommerellen (c1208-1278)|
There were 0 military battles in 1229.