1225 1226 1227 - 1228 - 1229 1230 1231
1190s 1200s 1210s - 1220s - 1230s 1240s 1250s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1228 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1228 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1228 |
|Ab urbe condita||1981|
|Armenian calendar||677 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-616 – -615|
|Coptic calendar||944 – 945|
|Ethiopian calendar||1220 – 1221|
|Hebrew calendar||4988 – 4989|
|- Vikram Samvat||1283 – 1284|
|- Shaka Samvat||1150 – 1151|
|- Kali Yuga||4329 – 4330|
|Iranian calendar||606 – 607|
|Islamic calendar||625 – 626|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1888|
|Thai solar calendar||1771|
- The Sixth Crusade is launched by Frederick II, after delays due to sickness and an excommunication from Pope Gregory IX.
- Conrad IV of Germany becomes titular King of Jerusalem, with Frederick II as regent.
- Baldwin II becomes emperor of the Latin Empire in Constantinople, with John of Brienne as regent.
- Amadeus IV becomes count of Savoy.
- Francis of Assisi founder of the Franciscan order Canonized by Pope Gregory IX
- Sukaphaa, the first Ahom king, establishes his rule in Assam. The Ahom kings reigned for close to 600 years.
- First mention of the Transylvanian town of Reghin, in a charter of Andrew II of Hungary.
- July 9 - Stephen Langton, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Aedh mac Cathal Crobdearg Ua Conchobair, King of Connacht
- Robert of Courtenay, emperor of the Latin Empire
- Queen Yolande of Jerusalem (born 1212)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1228. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1228 at Familypedia
20 people were born in 1228
15 children were born to the 10 women born in 1228
14 people died in 1228
1013 people lived in 1228
Events of the year 1228 at Familypedia
11 people were married in 1228.
|Morta (c1210-1262)||Vismantas Bulaičiai (c1205-1251) + Mindaugas (c1200-1263)|
|Mechthild von Brandenburg (c1210-1261)||Otto von Braunschweig-Lüneburg (c1204-1252)|
|Heinrich Raspe von Thüringen (1204-1247)||Elisabeth van Brandenburg (c1208-1231) + Gertrud von Österreich (1210-1241) + Beatrix van Brabant (1225-1288)|
|Vsevolod Konstantinovich of Yaroslavl (1210-1238)||Olga Olgovna of Kursk (c1211-c1270)|
|Alix de Ferrette (c1208-c1274)||Thierry III de Montbéliard (1205-1283)|
|Otto von Braunschweig-Lüneburg (c1204-1252)||Mechthild von Brandenburg (c1210-1261)|
|Yolande de Châtillon (c1215-1254)||Archambaud IX de Bourbon (1212-1249)|
|Petronille de Bigorre (c1190-1251)||Gaston VI de Béarn (c1165-1214) + Nuno de Aragon + Guy de Montfort + Aymar de Rancon + Boson de Matha|
|Jeanne de Mayenne (1205-1246)||Pierre de Vendôme (1211-1249)|
|Thierry III de Montbéliard (1205-1283)||Alix de Ferrette (c1208-c1274)|
|Pierre de Vendôme (1211-1249)||Jeanne de Mayenne (1205-1246)|
There were 0 military battles in 1228.