1211 1212 1213 - 1214 - 1215 1216 1217
1180s 1190s 1200s - 1210s - 1220s 1230s 1240s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1214 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1214 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1214 |
|Ab urbe condita||1967|
|Armenian calendar||663 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-630 – -629|
|Coptic calendar||930 – 931|
|Ethiopian calendar||1206 – 1207|
|Hebrew calendar||4974 – 4975|
|- Vikram Samvat||1269 – 1270|
|- Shaka Samvat||1136 – 1137|
|- Kali Yuga||4315 – 4316|
|Iranian calendar||592 – 593|
|Islamic calendar||610 – 611|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1874|
|Thai solar calendar||1757|
- Simon Apulia becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- June 20 - University of Oxford receives its charter.
- July 27 - Battle of Bouvines: In France, Philip II of France defeats John of England.
- Foundation of the German city of Bielefeld.
- The Emperor of Jin China surrenders to the Mongols under Genghis Khan who have been besieging Beijing for a year. He pays a huge ransom and then abandons Northern China, heading for Kaifeng.
- In his campaigns in Liaodong, Mukhali has under campaign a newly formed Khitan-Chinese army and a special corps of 12,000 Chinese auxiliary troops.
- April 25 - King Louis IX of France (died 1270)
- Isabella of England, daughter of John of England (died 1241)
- September 14 - Albert Avogadro, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem (born 1149)
- October 5 - King Alfonso VIII of Castile (born 1155)
- October 31 - Leonora of England, queen of Alfonso VIII of Castile (born 1162)
- December 4 - King William I of Scotland
- John de Gray, bishop of Norwich
- Rostislav II of Kiev (born 1173)
- Vsevolod IV of Kiev
- Rurik Rostislavich, Prince of Novgorod
- Steksys, Grand Prince of Lithuania
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1214. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1214 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1214
4 children were born to the 3 women born in 1214
26 people died in 1214
1006 people lived in 1214
Events of the year 1214 at Familypedia
17 people were married in 1214.
|Mahaut de Bourgogne (1190-1242)||Jean de Chalon (1190-1267)|
|Valdemar II of Denmark (1170-1241)||Markéta of Bohemia (c1186-1213) + Berengária of Portugal (c1195-1221)|
|Jean de Chalon (1190-1267)||Mahaut de Bourgogne (1190-1242) + Isabelle de Courtenay (?-1257) + Laurette de Commercy (c1240-1276)|
|William Marshal, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (1190-1231)||Alice de Betun (c1202-c1216)+Eleanor of England (1215-1275)|
|Rita of Armenia (aft1195-1220)||Jean de Brienne (c1170-1237)|
|Yaroslav II Vsevolodovich of Vladimir (1191-1246)||Unknown Yuryevna of Cumania (c1192-c1212) + Rostislava Mstislavna of Smolensk (c1202-1244) + Feodosya Igoryevna of Ryazan (1194-1244)|
|Yaroslav Yaroslavich of Tver (1230-1272)||Natalya (c1230-1252) + Kseniya Yuryevna of Tarusa (c1246-1312)|
|Otto IV. von Braunschweig (1177-1218)||Beatrix von Staufen (1198-1212) + Maria van Brabant (1190-1260)|
|Marguerite of Auvergne (1200-1263)||Héracle II de Montlaur (1190-1247)|
|Berengária of Portugal (c1195-1221)||Valdemar II of Denmark (1170-1241)|
|Jean de Brienne (c1170-1237)||Maria of Jerusalem (1192-1212) + Rita of Armenia (aft1195-1220) + Berenguela de León (1204-1237)|
|Emma de Laval (1200-1264)||Robert III de Montgomery (1191-1217) + Mathieu II de Montmorency (1174-1230) + Jean de Toucy (1208-1250)|
|Ermesinde II. von Luxemburg (1186-1247)||Thiébaut I de Bar (1158-1214) + Walram IV van Limburg (c1168-1226)|
|Isabel of Gloucester (c1173-1217)||John of England (1167-1216) + Geoffrey de Mandeville (c1191-1216) + Hubert de Burgh (c1160-c1243)|
|Maria van Brabant (1190-1260)||Otto IV. von Braunschweig (1177-1218)+Willem I van Holland (c1165-1223)|
|... further results|
There were 0 military battles in 1214.