1199 1200 1201 - 1202 - 1203 1204 1205
1170s 1180s 1190s - 1200s - 1210s 1220s 1230s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1202 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1202 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1202 |
|Ab urbe condita||1955|
|Armenian calendar||651 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-642 – -641|
|Coptic calendar||918 – 919|
|Ethiopian calendar||1194 – 1195|
|Hebrew calendar||4962 – 4963|
|- Vikram Samvat||1257 – 1258|
|- Shaka Samvat||1124 – 1125|
|- Kali Yuga||4303 – 4304|
|Iranian calendar||580 – 581|
|Islamic calendar||598 – 599|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1862|
|Thai solar calendar||1745|
- May 20 - Earthquake in Syria.
- August 1 - Arthur of Brittany captured in Mirebeau, north of Poitiers.
- The chronicle of Roger of Wendover is of original value as of this year.
- Founding of the Livonian Brothers of the Sword.
- Founding of Real Monasterio de Nuestra Senora de Rueda, Aragon Province, Spain.
- Leonardo Fibonacci published Liber Abaci, introducing the Arabian zero to Europe.
- First jesters in European courts.
- Fourth Crusade begins - Siege of Zara.
- The village of Schallodenbach is established.
- Matilda II of Boulogne, Queen of Portugal, spouse of King Afonso III of Portugal (†1262)
- Margaret II of Flanders (died 1278)
- Qin Jiushao, Chinese mathematician of the Song Dynasty (d. 1261)
- March 8 - Sverre Sigurdsson, King of Norway
- May 7 - Hamelin de Warenne
- Cathal Carragh Ua Conchobair, King of Connacht
- Canute VI of Denmark (born 1163)
- Alain de Lille, French theologian and poet (born c. 1128)
- Mieszko III, king of Poland (born c. 1121)
Heads of states
- England - John, King of England (reigned 1199 - 1216).
- France - Philippe II, Auguste King of France (reigned from 1180 to 1223).
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1202. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1202 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1202
20 children were born to the 7 women born in 1202
31 people died in 1202
1009 people lived in 1202
Events of the year 1202 at Familypedia
10 people were married in 1202.
|Guglielmo VI del Monferrato (c1173-1223)||Berta di Clavesana|
|André Guigues VI du Viennois (1184-1237)||Beatrix de Sabran (1182-1215) + Beatrice del Monferrato (c1210-1274)|
|Helen of Denmark (c1174-1233)||Wilhelm von Braunschweig-Lüneburg (1184-1213)|
|Wilhelm von Braunschweig-Lüneburg (1184-1213)||Helen of Denmark (c1174-1233)|
|Liébaud III de Beauffremont (1165-1225)||Hadwide de Vaudémont (1171-1193) + Isabelle de Reynel (c1185-c1232)|
|Humberge de Limoges (c1170-c1217)||Geoffroy de Lusignan (1149-1224)|
|Geoffroy de Lusignan (1149-1224)||Eustachie Chabot + Humberge de Limoges (c1170-c1217)|
|Isabelle de Reynel (c1185-c1232)||Liébaud III de Beauffremont (1165-1225)|
|Beatrix de Sabran (1182-1215)||André Guigues VI du Viennois (1184-1237)|
|Arnould II de Guînes (c1170-1220)||Béatrice de Bourbourg|
There were 0 military battles in 1202.