|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1160s 1170s 1180s - 1190s - 1200s 1210s 1220s
|Years:||1194 1195 1196 - 1197 - 1198 1199 1200|
|1197 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1197 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1197 |
|Ab urbe condita||1950|
|Armenian calendar||646 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-647 – -646|
|Coptic calendar||913 – 914|
|Ethiopian calendar||1189 – 1190|
|Hebrew calendar||4957 – 4958|
|- Vikram Samvat||1252 – 1253|
|- Shaka Samvat||1119 – 1120|
|- Kali Yuga||4298 – 4299|
|Iranian calendar||575 – 576|
|Islamic calendar||593 – 594|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1857|
|Thai solar calendar||1740|
- Amalric II succeeds Henry II of Champagne as king of Jerusalem.
- Theobald III becomes Count of Champagne.
- Arbroath Abbey is consecrated, and dedicated to St. Thomas Becket.
- Kaloyan becomes tsar of Bulgaria.
- Corfu is occupied by the Genoese.
- Hubert Walter, Archbishop of Canterbury, negotiates a peace with Wales.
- North Crawley is split into Great Crawley and Little Crawley.
- Philip of Swabia marries Irene Angelina, daughter of Byzantine emperor Isaac II.
- Danes made an attack against Estonia.
- Genghis Khan defeats Jurkins. Mukhali's father gives him and his brother to Genghis Khan as personal hereditary slaves.
- October 22 — Emperor Juntoku of Japan (d. 1242)
- Amadeus IV of Savoy (d. 1253)
- Raymond VII of Toulouse (d. 1249)
- January — William Longchamp, Lord Chancellor of England and bishop
- April 28 — Rhys ap Gruffydd, Welsh ruler (b. 1132)
- September 10 — Henry II of Champagne (b. 1166)
- September 28 — Henry VI (b. 1165)
- Marguerite of France, daughter of Louis VII of France (b. 1158)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1197. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1197 at Familypedia
19 people were born in 1197
10 children were born to the 8 women born in 1197
30 people died in 1197
999 people lived in 1197
Events of the year 1197 at Familypedia
13 people were married in 1197.
|Irene Angeline (c1179-1208)||Ruggero III di Sicilia (1175-1193) +Philipp von Schwaben (1177-1208)|
|Alfonso IX, King of León (1171-1230)||Teresa of Portugal (c1176-1250)+Berenguela of Castile (1180-1246) + Aldonza Martínez de Silva|
|Jutta von Thüringen (1184-1235)||Dietrich von Meißen (1162-1221) + Poppo VII. von Henneberg (-1245)|
|Roman Mstislavich of Halych (c1152-1205)||Predslava Ryurikovna (c1173-c1205) + Anna-Euphrosyne Angelos (c1180-c1255)|
|Thiébaut I de Bar (1158-1214)||Laurette van Loon (c1160-bef1184) + Ermesinde de Brienne (1155-1212) + Ermesinde II. von Luxemburg (1186-1247)|
|Dietrich von Meißen (1162-1221)||Jutta von Thüringen (1184-1235)|
|Guichard IV "le Grand" de Beaujeu (-1216)||Sybille de Hainaut (1179-1217)|
|Bernard IV de Comminges (c1150-c1225)||Beatrix III de Bigorre (c1156-c1194) + Comtors de la Barthe + Marie de Montpellier|
|Sybille de Hainaut (1179-1217)||Guichard IV "le Grand" de Beaujeu (-1216)|
|Ermesinde II. von Luxemburg (1186-1247)||Thiébaut I de Bar (1158-1214) + Walram IV van Limburg (c1168-1226)|
|Aymar II de Poitiers-Valentinois (1166-1230)||Philippa de Fay|
|Aleid van Gelre (1187-1218)||Willem I van Holland (c1165-1223)|
|Willem I van Holland (c1165-1223)||Aleid van Gelre (1187-1218)+Maria van Brabant (1190-1260)|
There were 0 military battles in 1197.