|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1160s 1170s 1180s - 1190s - 1200s 1210s 1220s
|Years:||1187 1188 1189 - 1190 - 1191 1192 1193|
|1190 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1190 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1190 |
|Ab urbe condita||1943|
|Armenian calendar|| 639 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-654 – -653|
|Coptic calendar||906 – 907|
|Ethiopian calendar||1182 – 1183|
|Hebrew calendar||4950 – 4951|
|- Vikram Samvat||1245 – 1246|
|- Shaka Samvat||1112 – 1113|
|- Kali Yuga||4291 – 4292|
|Iranian calendar||568 – 569|
|Islamic calendar||585 – 586|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1850|
|Thai solar calendar||1733|
- March 16 — Massacre and mass-suicide of the Jews of York, England prompted by Crusaders and Richard Malebys kill 150–500 Jews in Clifford's Tower.
- June 10 — Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowned in the Saleph River while leading an army to Jerusalem.
- October 4 — Richard I of England threatens war against Tancred of Sicily, and captures Messina
- "On the Harmony of Religions and Philosophy" (ar. Kitab fasl al-maqal) first published.
- Coronation of Richard I of England (the Lion-Hearted).
- Anti-Jewish riots in England.
- In Myanmar, Anawrahta's lineage regains control with the assistance of Sri Lanka. Pagan has been in anarchy. The new regime reforms Burmese Buddhism on Sri Lankan Theravada models.
- Henry I becomes Duke of Brabant.
- Richard I of England and Philip II of France meet at Vézelay, beginning the Third Crusade.
- Stevan Nemanja founds the Studenica monastery in Serbia.
- The feudal era of Japan begins.
- Cartmel Priory founded.
- "Speculum Virginum", German manuscript, is published (approximate date).
- Vincent of Beauvais, Dominican friar and encyclopedist (d. 1264)
- Peter I (d. 1251)
- William III of Sicily (d. 1198)
- William of Sherwood, English logician (d. 1249)
- March 15 Isabelle of Hainaut, queen of Philip II of France (b. 1170)
- June 10 — Frederick Barbarossa, Holy Roman Emperor, (drowned) (b. 1122)
- July 25 — Sibylla of Jerusalem, Queen of Jerusalem (b. c. 1160)
- William Fitzstephen, servant of Thomas à Becket and sheriff of Gloucester
- Ranulf de Glanvill, chief justiciar of England
- Robert de Beaumont
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1190. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1190 at Familypedia
51 people were born in 1190
30 children were born to the 22 women born in 1190
42 people died in 1190
997 people lived in 1190
Events of the year 1190 at FamilypediaEdit
19 people were married in 1190.
There were 0 military battles in 1190.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.