|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1140s 1150s 1160s - 1170s - 1180s 1190s 1200s
|Years:||1174 1175 1176 - 1177 - 1178 1179 1180|
|1177 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1177 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1177 |
|Ab urbe condita||1930|
|Armenian calendar|| 626 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-667 – -666|
|Coptic calendar||893 – 894|
|Ethiopian calendar||1169 – 1170|
|Hebrew calendar||4937 – 4938|
|- Vikram Samvat||1232 – 1233|
|- Shaka Samvat||1099 – 1100|
|- Kali Yuga||4278 – 4279|
|Iranian calendar||555 – 556|
|Islamic calendar||572 – 573|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1837|
|Thai solar calendar||1720|
- November 25 — Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Chatillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
- During the third year of the Angen era in Japan, a fire devastates Kyoto.
- Benedictus Abbas becomes abbot of Peterborough.
- Byland Abbey is founded in Yorkshire by the Cistercians.
- Casimir II becomes duke of Poland.
- The Cham sack the Khmer capital of Angkor Wat.
- Roger de Moulins becomes Grand Master of the Knights Hospitaller.
- Moscow is burned down and its inhabitants are killed.
- Puigcerdà is founded by Alfonso II of Aragon.
- Leopold V becomes Duke of Austria.
- September 27 — Pope Alexander III sends a letter to Prester John, believing he is real.
- Treaty of Venice — Frederick I Barbarossa acknowledges Alexander III as Pope
- Estonians attack Pskov during winter.
- Baldwin V, king of Jerusalem (d. 1186)
- Robert de Ros, English baron (d. 1226)
- Philip of Swabia, rival of Otto IV (d. 1208)
- January 13 — Henry II of Austria (b. 1107)
- William of Montferrat, father of Baldwin V of Jerusalem (b. early 1140s)
- Hugh Bigod, 1st Earl of Norfolk (b. 1095)
Heads of StateEdit
- England — Henry II (reigned 1154–1189)
- France — Louis VII (reigned 1137–1180)
- Byzantine Empire — Manuel I Comnenus (reigned 1143–1180)
- Pope — Alexander III (pope 1159–1181)
- Song China - Song Xiaozong (宋孝宗) (reigned 1162–1189)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1177. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1177 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1177
10 children were born to the 6 women born in 1177
24 people died in 1177
961 people lived in 1177
Events of the year 1177 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1177.
There were 0 military battles in 1177.