|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1165 1166 1167 - 1168 - 1169 1170 1171|
|1168 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1168 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1168 |
|Ab urbe condita||1921|
|Armenian calendar|| 617 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-676 – -675|
|Coptic calendar||884 – 885|
|Ethiopian calendar||1160 – 1161|
|Hebrew calendar||4928 – 4929|
|- Vikram Samvat||1223 – 1224|
|- Shaka Samvat||1090 – 1091|
|- Kali Yuga||4269 – 4270|
|Iranian calendar||546 – 547|
|Islamic calendar||563 – 564|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1828|
|Thai solar calendar||1711|
- December 22 — Afraid that the Egyptian capital Fustat (in today's Old Cairo) would be captured by the Crusaders, its Fatimid vizier, Shawar, orders the city set afire. The city burns for 54 days.
- Prince Richard of England becomes duke of Aquitaine. He later becomes King Richard I of England.
- Emperor Takakura ascends to the throne of Japan.
- King Valdemar I of Denmark conquers Arkona on the Island of Rügen, the strongest pagan fortress and temple in Northern Europe.
- The Chinese write the first "movie script" on bamboo. The script is believed to not be inherent with a play, for imaginary events we now call "special effects" are implied.
- See also 1168 deaths.
Heads of statesEdit
- England — Henry II Curt Mantle, King of England (reigned 1154–1189).
- France — Louis VII, King of France (reigned 1137–1180).
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1168. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1168 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1168
2 children were born to the 3 women born in 1168
18 people died in 1168
949 people lived in 1168
Events of the year 1168 at FamilypediaEdit
5 people were married in 1168.
There were 0 military battles in 1168.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.