|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1163 1164 1165 - 1166 - 1167 1168 1169|
|1166 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1166 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1166 |
|Ab urbe condita||1919|
|Armenian calendar||615 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-678 – -677|
|Coptic calendar||882 – 883|
|Ethiopian calendar||1158 – 1159|
|Hebrew calendar||4926 – 4927|
|- Vikram Samvat||1221 – 1222|
|- Shaka Samvat||1088 – 1089|
|- Kali Yuga||4267 – 4268|
|Iranian calendar||544 – 545|
|Islamic calendar||561 – 562|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1826|
|Thai solar calendar||1709|
Events[edit | edit source]
- July 5 — Document written that first mentions the tow of Bad Kleinkirchheim in Austria.
- Marko III succeeds Yoannis V as patriarch of Alexandria.
- Henry the Lion erects first bronze statue north of the Alps.
- Assize of Clarendon enacted in England.
Births[edit | edit source]
- July 29 — Henry II of Champagne (d. 1197)
- December 24 — John of England (d. 1216)
- Eudes III (d. 1218)
- William de Warenne (d. 1240)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- May 7 — William I of Sicily
- Santa Rosalia, patron saint of Palermo (according to legend; per legend b. 1130)
- Abdul Qadir Jelani, founder of the Qadiriyyah Sufi Tariqah (b. 1077)
Heads of states[edit | edit source]
- England — Henry II Curt Mantle, King of England (reigned 1154–1189)
- France — Louis VII, King of France (reigned 1137–1180)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1166. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1166 at Familypedia
18 people were born in 1166
6 children were born to the 4 women born in 1166
27 people died in 1166
1007 people lived in 1166
Events of the year 1166 at Familypedia
9 people were married in 1166.
There were 0 military battles in 1166.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.