|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1159 1160 1161 - 1162 - 1163 1164 1165|
|1162 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1162 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1162 |
|Ab urbe condita||1915|
|Armenian calendar||611 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-682 – -681|
|Coptic calendar||878 – 879|
|Ethiopian calendar||1154 – 1155|
|Hebrew calendar||4922 – 4923|
|- Vikram Samvat||1217 – 1218|
|- Shaka Samvat||1084 – 1085|
|- Kali Yuga||4263 – 4264|
|Iranian calendar||540 – 541|
|Islamic calendar||557 – 558|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1822|
|Thai solar calendar||1705|
- June 3 — Thomas Becket consecrated as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- July 15 — Ladislaus II of Hungary declared King of Hungary.
- July 24 — Emperor Gaozong abdicated to Emperor Xiaozong.
- July 25 — Emperor Xiaozong announced to posthumously rehabilitate Yue Fei.
- The Beisi Pagoda of Song Dynasty China is completed.
- October 13 — Leonora of England, queen of Alfonso VIII of Castile (d. 1214)
- Abd-el-latif, Baghdad traveler and writer (d. 1231)
- Genghis Khan, founder of the Mongol Empire (d. 1227)
- Muhammad of Ghor, Persian conqueror and sultan (d. 1206)
- Renier of Montferrat, Byzantine politician (d. 1183)
- Richard de Clare (d. 1218)
- February 10 — King Baldwin III of Jerusalem (b. 1130)
- June 27 — Eudes II (b. 1118)
- July 7 — Haakon II of Norway
- August 6 — Ramon Berenguer IV (b. c. 1113)
- Heloise, lover of Pierre Abélard (b. 1101)
- Iziaslav III of Kiev
- Ibn Zuhr, Arab physician (b. 1090)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1162. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1162 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1162
14 children were born to the 5 women born in 1162
26 people died in 1162
990 people lived in 1162
Events of the year 1162 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1162.
|Alix de Dreux (1145-1209)||Valéran III de Breteuil (?-1162) + Guy II de Châtillon-sur-Marne (c1137-c1171) + Jean de Thorotte (?-c1176) + Raoul III de Nesle (1150-1237)|
|Enguerrand II de Trie (c1125-c1172)||Heddiva Basilie de Monchy (1145-c1192)|
|Guy II de Châtillon-sur-Marne (c1137-c1171)||Alix de Dreux (1145-1209)|
|Hugues de Lusignan (c1141-1169)||Orengarde (-1169)|
|Aubrey de Vere, 1st Earl of Oxford (c1115-1194)||Beatrice de Bourbourg (-c1146)+Eupheme de Cauntelo (-c1153)+Agnes of Essex (c1151-c1212)|
|Hermann IV. von Baden (c1135-1190)||Bertha von Tübingen (?-1169)|
There were 0 military battles in 1162.