|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1157 1158 1159 - 1160 - 1161 1162 1163|
|1160 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1160 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1160 |
|Ab urbe condita||1913|
|Armenian calendar|| 609 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-684 – -683|
|Coptic calendar||876 – 877|
|Ethiopian calendar||1152 – 1153|
|Hebrew calendar||4920 – 4921|
|- Vikram Samvat||1215 – 1216|
|- Shaka Samvat||1082 – 1083|
|- Kali Yuga||4261 – 4262|
|Iranian calendar||538 – 539|
|Islamic calendar||554 – 555|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1820|
|Thai solar calendar||1703|
- Eric IX of Sweden is succeeded by Karl Sverkersson. See Swedish monarchs.
- Heiji Rebellion in Japan
- Yasovarman II succeeds his uncle Dharanindravarman as ruler of the Khmer Empire. Dharanindravarman's son Jayavarman acquiesces to his cousin's succession and goes into exile in neighboring Champa.
- Spital am Semmering founded by Margrave Ottokar III of Styria.
- The City of Tomar is founded in Portugal by Gualdim Pais.
- Reynald of Chatillon is arrested.
- Foundation of Derby School at Derby, England.
- October 4 — Alys, daughter of Louis VII of France (d. c. 1220)
- Yaqub, ruler of Morocco (d. 1199)
- John de Courcy, Earl of Ulster (d. 1219)
- Rabbi David Kimhi, biblical commentator (d. 1235)
- Simon de Montfort, French crusader (d. 1218)
- Taira no Noritsune, Japanese warrior (d. 1185)
- Geoffrey of Villehardouin, French chronicler (d. c. (1212)
- Ibn al-Athir, Anatolian historian (d. 1233)
- Sibylla of Jerusalem, daughter of Almaric I and Agnes of Courtenay (d. 1190)
- Dulce Berenguer, Queen of Portugal, spouse of King Sancho I of Portugal (d. 1198)
- February 11 — Minamoto no Yoshitomo, Japanese general (b. 1123)
- May 18 — Eric IX of Sweden, king of Sweden (b. c. 1120)
- July 20 — Peter Lombard, French scholastic philosopher [b. c. 1100
- Al-Muqtafi, Caliph of Baghdad
- Constance of Castile (b. 1141)
- Dharanindravarman II, ruler of the Khmer Empire (reigned 1150–1160)
- Minamoto no Yoshihira, Japanese warrior (b. 1140)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1160. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1160 at Familypedia
58 people were born in 1160
23 children were born to the 18 women born in 1160
29 people died in 1160
1000 people lived in 1160
Events of the year 1160 at FamilypediaEdit
14 people were married in 1160.
There were 0 military battles in 1160.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.