|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1110s 1120s 1130s - 1140s - 1150s 1160s 1170s
|Years:||1141 1142 1143 - 1144 - 1145 1146 1147|
|1144 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1144 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1144 |
|Ab urbe condita||1897|
|Armenian calendar||593 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-700 – -699|
|Coptic calendar||860 – 861|
|Ethiopian calendar||1136 – 1137|
|Hebrew calendar||4904 – 4905|
|- Vikram Samvat||1199 – 1200|
|- Shaka Samvat||1066 – 1067|
|- Kali Yuga||4245 – 4246|
|Iranian calendar||522 – 523|
|Islamic calendar||538 – 539|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1804|
|Thai solar calendar||1687|
- Louis VII capitulates to Pope Celestine II and so earns the pope's absolution.
- March 12 — Pope Lucius II succeeds Pope Celestine II as the 166th pope.
- December 24 — County of Edessa falls to Zengi (see Siege of Edessa).
- Montauban, France, is founded.
- First recorded example of an anti-Semitic blood libel in England.
- Normandy comes under Angevin control under Geoffrey of Anjou.
- First recorded mention of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Giordano Pierleoni founds the revolutionary Commune of Rome.
- Manuel I Comnenus brings Raymond, Prince of Antioch, under Byzantine influence.
- The Priory in Lesmahagow is founded by Benedictine monks.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1144. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1144 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1144
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 1144
15 people died in 1144
974 people lived in 1144
Events of the year 1144 at Familypedia
11 people were married in 1144.
|Robert I de Dreux (c1123-1188)||Agnes de Garlande (1122-1143) + Hawise of Salisbury (1118-1152) + Agnès de Baudement (1130-1204)|
|Svyatopolk Mstislavich of Volhynia (c1115-1154)||Eufimia of Olomouc (1115-c1170)|
|Unknown Vsevolodovna of Goroden (c1126-c1180)||Vladimir II Davydovich of Chernigov (c1103-1151)|
|Vladimir II Davydovich of Chernigov (c1103-1151)|
|Yuri Yaroslavich of Turov (c1109-1167)||Anna Vsevolodovna of Goroden (c1127-1190)|
|Sophie von Meißen (c1130-1190)||Gebhard I. von Pongau (c1100-1163)|
|Raoul de Faye-le-Vineuse (1112-1185)||Adelaide de Poitiers (c1120-aft1172) + Élisabeth de Faye-la-Vineuse et Loudun (?-?)|
|García of Navarre (?-1150)||Marguerite de l'Aigle (1104-1141) + Urraca of León and Castile (1132-1164) + Ganfreda López (?-?)|
|Eufimia of Olomouc (1115-c1170)||Svyatopolk Mstislavich of Volhynia (c1115-1154)|
|Hawise of Salisbury (1118-1152)||Rotrou III du Perche (c1075-1144) + Robert I de Dreux (c1123-1188)|
|Gebhard I. von Pongau (c1100-1163)||Sophie von Meißen (c1130-1190)|
There were 0 military battles in 1144.