|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1100s 1110s 1120s - 1130s - 1140s 1150s 1160s
|Years:||1132 1133 1134 - 1135 - 1136 1137 1138|
|1135 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1135 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1135 |
|Ab urbe condita||1888|
|Armenian calendar||584 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-709 – -708|
|Coptic calendar||851 – 852|
|Ethiopian calendar||1127 – 1128|
|Hebrew calendar||4895 – 4896|
|- Vikram Samvat||1190 – 1191|
|- Shaka Samvat||1057 – 1058|
|- Kali Yuga||4236 – 4237|
|Iranian calendar||513 – 514|
|Islamic calendar||529 – 530|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1795|
|Thai solar calendar||1678|
Events[edit | edit source]
- January — Byland Abbey founded.
- Stephen succeeds his uncle Henry I as king of England. Matilda, daughter of Henry I and widow of Holy Roman Emperor Henry V, opposes Stephen and claims the throne as her own.
- The domination of Baghdad by the Seljuk Turks ends.
- The first records of the Manor of Cramlington come into existence.
- The Cistercian Abbey of St Mary and St Chad founded by Roger de Clinton, bishop of Coventry (1129-48).
- A fire in London seriously damages St Paul's Cathedral and London Bridge.
- Song Dynasty Chinese general Yue Fei defeats the rebel forces of Yang Yao by entangling his swift paddle-wheel ships with rotten logs and other debris precariously placed in the river. Yue Fei's forces easily boarded their ships and won a victory.
Births[edit | edit source]
- March 30 — Maimonides, Spanish rabbi and philosopher (d. 1204)
- Petronila of Aragon, daughter of Ramiro II of Aragon (d. 1174)
- Peter of Blois, French poet and diplomat (d. 1203)
- Joachim of Fiore, Italian mystic and theologian (d. 1201)
- Sharafeddin Tusi, Persian mathematician (d. 1213)
- William of Newburgh, English historian and monk (d. 1198)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- June 4 — Emperor Huizong of China (b. 1082)
- December 1 — King Henry I of England
- Al-Mustarshid, Caliph of Baghdad
- Milarepa, Tibetan yogi and poet (b. 1052)
- Yuanwu Keqin, Chinese Zen Buddhist monk (born 1063)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1135. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1135 at Familypedia
43 people were born in 1135
17 children were born to the 14 women born in 1135
29 people died in 1135
1001 people lived in 1135
Events of the year 1135 at Familypedia
12 people were married in 1135.
There were 0 military battles in 1135.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.