|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1100s 1110s 1120s - 1130s - 1140s 1150s 1160s
|Years:||1131 1132 1133 - 1134 - 1135 1136 1137|
|1134 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1134 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1134 |
|Ab urbe condita||1887|
|Armenian calendar||583 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-710 – -709|
|Coptic calendar||850 – 851|
|Ethiopian calendar||1126 – 1127|
|Hebrew calendar||4894 – 4895|
|- Vikram Samvat||1189 – 1190|
|- Shaka Samvat||1056 – 1057|
|- Kali Yuga||4235 – 4236|
|Iranian calendar||512 – 513|
|Islamic calendar||528 – 529|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1794|
|Thai solar calendar||1677|
- Cormac's Chapel is consecrated.
- Saint Malachy becomes Archbishop of Armagh.
- Aed mac Domnaill becomes King of Ui Failghe.
- The Church of St. James is dedicated in Glasgow.
- The Augustinian Runcorn Priory is transferred to Norton Priory.
- Buckfastleigh Abbey is refounded.
- Aelred of Hexham enters the monastery at Rievaulx Abbey.
- St. Stephen Harding becomes abbott of Citeaux Abbey.
- Much of Chartres is destroyed by fire.
- Henry of Lausanne is sentenced to imprisonment by Pope Innocent II.
- Hugh of Grenoble is canonized by Innocent II.
- Ermengarde becomes viscountess of Narbonne.
- Narbonne is seized by Alphonse I of Toulouse.
- The University of Salamanca is founded in Castile.
- Alfonso I of Aragon dies at the Battle of Fraga, and is succeeded by Ramiro II in Aragon and Garcia VI in Navarre.
- The Zeeland archipelago is created by a massive storm in the North Sea.
- Magnus IV of Norway defeats Harald IV of Norway at the battle at Färlev.
- Harald Kesja and Magnus the Strong are defeated at the Battle of Fotevik.
- Eric II becomes King of Denmark.
- The Cathedral of St Petri in Schleswig completed.
- The House of Brandenburg is founded when Albrecht the Bear is made head of the Nordmark.
- The Abbey of St. Jacob is founded in Würzburg.
- Hermann III of Baden marries Bertha of Lorraine.
- Evermode of Ratzeburg becomes Abbot of Gottesgnaden.
- Ulrich I becomes Duke of Carinthia.
- The Humiliati retreat to a monastery in Milan.
- Roger II of Sicily defeats a revolt in Naples.
- Vsevolod Mstislavich of Novgorod defeats the Chuds and captures Tartu.
- Yuri Dolgoruki founds the town of Skniatino.
- Iziaslav II of Kiev becomes Prince of Vladimir and Volyn.
- Viacheslav of Kiev becomes Prince of Turov.
- Robert of Ketton and Herman of Carinthia travel throughout France, the Byzantine Empire, and the Crusader States.
- Leo Styppes becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Hugh II of Le Puiset, Count of Jaffa, revolts against Fulk, King of Jerusalem.
- Mas'ud becomes sultan of the Seljuk Turks.
- Abdul Qadir Jilani becomes principal of the Hanbali school in Baghdad.
- The Kangguo Era begins in the Kara-Khitan Khanate.
- The Japanese classic text Uchigikishu is written.
- King Sancho III of Castile (d. 1158)
- King Sverker I of Sweden (approximate date; d. 1156)
- Raymond V of Toulouse (d. 1194)
- Lord Basava, founder of the Lingayat sect
- February 10 — Robert Curthose, Duke of Normandy
- March 28 — Saint Stephen Harding, founder of the Cistercian order
- June 4 — Magnus the Strong, Swedish usurper
- June 6 — Saint Norbert, founder of the Norbertine order of canons
- June 25 — King Niels of Denmark
- August 13 — Piroska of Hungary, wife of John II Comnenus
- September — Alfonso I of Aragon
- Mary and Eliza Chulkhurst, English conjoined twins (b. 1100)
- Hugh II of Le Puiset, crusader knight and Count of Jaffa (b. 1100)
- Tughrul II of Great Seljuk
- Emperor Taizong of Jin
- Patriarch John IX of Constantinople
- Engelbert of Carinthia
- Minamoto Motoko, consort of Emperor Go-Sanjo
- Gumushtugin, emir of the Danishmends
- Aed mac mac Tadhg Ua Cellaig, King of Hy-Many
- Bishop Ulfketil of Aarhus
- Reginald Mansoir, Constable of the Principality of Antioch
- Donnchad mac Con Faifne, King of Ui Failghe
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1134. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1134 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1134
9 children were born to the 6 women born in 1134
16 people died in 1134
975 people lived in 1134
Events of the year 1134 at Familypedia
5 people were married in 1134.
|Thierry of Flanders (1100-1168)||Marguerite de Clermont (-1133)+Sibylla of Anjou (1116-1165)|
|Baudouin IV de Hainaut (1108-1171)||Alix de Namur (1109-1168)|
|Alix de Namur (1109-1168)||Baudouin IV de Hainaut (1108-1171)|
|Hermann III. von Baden (c1105-1160)||Bertha of the Holy Roman Empire (1116-1160) + Maria of Bohemia (c1124-aft1160)|
|Bertha of the Holy Roman Empire (1116-1160)||Hermann III. von Baden (c1105-1160)|
There were 1 military battles in 1134.
|Battle of Fraga||8 September 1134 JL|