|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1060s 1070s 1080s - 1090s - 1100s 1110s 1120s
|Years:||1093 1094 1095 - 1096 - 1097 1098 1099|
|1096 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||1096 |
|Ab urbe condita||1849|
|Armenian calendar||545 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-748 – -747|
|Coptic calendar||812 – 813|
|Ethiopian calendar||1088 – 1089|
|Hebrew calendar||4856 – 4857|
|- Vikram Samvat||1151 – 1152|
|- Shaka Samvat||1018 – 1019|
|- Kali Yuga||4197 – 4198|
|Iranian calendar||474 – 475|
|Islamic calendar||488 – 490|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1756|
|Thai solar calendar||1639|
Events[edit | edit source]
- Bernard becomes Bishop of Brandenburg.
- In Ireland, the Diocese of Waterford is erected.
- First documented teaching at the University of Oxford.
- Beginning of the People's Crusade, the German Crusade, and the First Crusade
- Vital I Michele is Doge of Venice.
- Peter I, King of Aragon, conquers Huesca.
- Phayao, now a province of Thailand, is founded as a kingdom.
- Late April - A large band of Crusaders approaches Speyer and murders 11 Jews.
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Eudocia Macrembolitissa, empress of Byzantine Emperor Constantine X (b. 1021)
- William of St. Carilef, bishop of Durham and chief counsellor of William II of England
- Walter the Penniless, a leader of the First Crusade
- Most of the Jewish population of Speyer, Germany during the First Crusade
People of the year 1096 at Familypedia
15 people were born in 1096
5 children were born to the 4 women born in 1096
26 people died in 1096
1000 people lived in 1096
Events of the year 1096 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1096.
There were 1 military battles in 1096.
|Battle of the Trubezh River (1096)||19 July 1096 JL|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1096. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.