|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1050s 1060s 1070s - 1080s - 1090s 1100s 1110s
|Years:||1082 1083 1084 - 1085 - 1086 1087 1088|
|1085 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||1085 |
|Ab urbe condita||1838|
|Armenian calendar||534 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-759 – -758|
|Coptic calendar||801 – 802|
|Ethiopian calendar||1077 – 1078|
|Hebrew calendar||4845 – 4846|
|- Vikram Samvat||1140 – 1141|
|- Shaka Samvat||1007 – 1008|
|- Kali Yuga||4186 – 4187|
|Iranian calendar||463 – 464|
|Islamic calendar||477 – 478|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1745|
|Thai solar calendar||1628|
Events[edit | edit source]
- April 2 — Emperor Zhezong becomes emperor of Song Dynasty. Empress Dowager Gao cancells all the reforms packages and dismisses pro-reform Wang Anshi.
- May 25 — Alfonso VI of Castile takes Toledo, Spain back from the Moors and invites French knights to settle the central plateau of Spain.
- Domesday survey is commissioned by William I of England to ensure proper taxation and levies.
- Katedralskolan, the oldest school in Scandinavia is founded.
- Ísleifur Gissurarson is made the first bishop of Iceland.
- By this year, the annual output of copper currency for the Chinese Song Dynasty reaches 6 billion coins a year, prompting the Chinese government to adopt the world's first paper-printed money later in the 1120s.
Births[edit | edit source]
- Alberich of Reims (d. 1141)
- Raoul I (d. October 14,1152)
- Robert fitz Martin (d. 1159)
- Zhang Zeduan, Chinese painter (d. 1145)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- April 1 — Emperor Shenzong of China (b. 1048)
- May 25 — Pope Gregory VII
- July 15 — Robert Guiscard
- Cheng Hao (b. 1032) Song Dynasty China Neo-Confucian philosopher
People of the year 1085 at Familypedia
46 people were born in 1085
24 children were born to the 14 women born in 1085
29 people died in 1085
1040 people lived in 1085
Events of the year 1085 at Familypedia
9 people were married in 1085.
There were 0 military battles in 1085.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1085. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.