|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1040s 1050s 1060s - 1070s - 1080s 1090s 1100s
|Years:||1069 1070 1071 - 1072 - 1073 1074 1075|
|1072 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||1072 |
|Ab urbe condita||1825|
|Armenian calendar||521 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-772 – -771|
|Coptic calendar||788 – 789|
|Ethiopian calendar||1064 – 1065|
|Hebrew calendar||4832 – 4833|
|- Vikram Samvat||1127 – 1128|
|- Shaka Samvat||994 – 995|
|- Kali Yuga||4173 – 4174|
|Iranian calendar||450 – 451|
|Islamic calendar||464 – 465|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1732|
|Thai solar calendar||1615|
Events[edit | edit source]
- William I of England invades Scotland, and also receives the submission of Hereward the Wake.
- Osbern FitzOsbern becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- January 10 — Normans conquer Palermo in Sicily.
- The Song Dynasty Chinese polymath scientist and statesman Shen Kuo is appointed as the head official for the Bureau of Astronomy.
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- March 16 — Adalbert of Hamburg, German archbishop
- September 22 — Ouyang Xiu, Chinese statesman, historian, essayist and poet (b. 1007)
- December 15 — Alp Arslan, Turkish sultan in Persia (b. 1029)
- Stigand, Archbishop of Canterbury
People of the year 1072 at Familypedia
20 people were born in 1072
16 children were born to the 6 women born in 1072
8 people died in 1072
967 people lived in 1072
Events of the year 1072 at Familypedia
4 people were married in 1072.
There were 0 military battles in 1072.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1072. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.